Half-press shutter button NOT working

macdonald12

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Dear people of wpcentral,

I have a gel-case around my Lumia 920 which makes it a little bit harder to half-press the camera shutter in order to focus. However, today i noticed that half-pressing said button does not have any effect whatsoever anymore. It doesn't give the 'focus box' on-screen nor does it power the 'focus assist light'.

Tapping the screen still works to get focus, however, obviously i would like the half-press function to work again too. I have tried resetting the camera, turning phone on/off but to no avail.

I'm wondering whether there is some software setting i've missed - or am i just unlucky to be stuck with a hardware defect? Any info on this would be much appreciated! :smile:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
If you take the case off does the button work again? Can you be more specific which case you are using? Someone here might have experienced this issue with your case.

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You can go to settings>applications>phone+camera and at the bottom you should have the option to reset the camera. But this sounds like a hardware issue, so if that doesn't work I'd recommend using your Nokia warranty and they should be able to fix/give you a replacement.

macdonald12

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your input. I contacted Nokia and followed their return procedures. After doing a recommended hardware-reset the only thing my phone shows are turning gears..

I will be sending my phone out tomorrow, hope to get it fixed/replaced soon. For now i am left deeply disappointed :cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo