Backlight bleed in 620

jetchevarria

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 620 for 2 weeks now, and I'm loving it. WP8 is sooo smooth. But I have a (minor?) issue: my screen has backlight bleed. I don't know whether this is normal or not, so I'll leave it to you guys to see it for yourselves. Since I've got for more than 5 days I can't return. Should I send it to repair?
Note: the image was taken in a completely dark room with the brightness maxed out. When I'm in my house with the lights on or walking at noon it's hardly noticeable
la foto.JPG

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Unless you plan on staring at a blank black screen in the dark with the phone brightness maxed out, will it really be an issue? I suspect that it's fairly normal to see this under the extreme conditions you describe. Or is it obvious when using your phone normally as well?

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have this exact same issue which has actually really annoyed me because my old 710 when compared together the so called clear black was much better compared with my 620! Which has this awful bleed :( i think it might have something to do with the daft way we have to get are back cover of by pushing the camera and screen because to me pushing your screen in at a reasonable force can only result in some form of damage aka colour bleed.

I'm going to bring mine back to O2 as I've only had the phone a few weeks, Nokia may have a look at it as its not the only issue I'm having with my 620, always freezing, kicking me off apps when looking at pics, some sites when I'm reading the tech news freeze and close and also restarting itself every so often, yet i still love my 620, amber update cant come quick enough!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs