Hotmail/Outlook emails are not deleting

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having a trouble with a few emails that keep coming back once I delete them.

I delete the email messages and they are gone, but then check my phone the next time and they are back in the inbox.
They don't come back as unread, they just keep getting put back into the inbox as if I had never deleted them before.

Anyone have any idea what is going on with this? I've never had this problem before.

Thank you.

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
This is happening to me also. The emails also have dotted lines under them. I have tried deleting them from outlook.com also, but to no avail. They still are showing up on my phone.

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Instead of deleting them with the trash can symbol I moved them all to the trash. That seemed to work for me. Hope this helps...but I would still like to know why that was happening.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Try restarting the phone? I had a text message issue before where it got caught in a loop and kept texting me the same message over and over.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 521 using Tapatalk

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have tried restarting the phone as well and it still does not work. If anyone has any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Erin Russell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. It doesn't delete all my emails. I've tried moving them to the trash, restarting, etc. Nothing works. Windows Phone techs - PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!!

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Try this: Go to settings - email & accounts. Select the problem email account and uncheck the "content to synch" box that says email. Let the changes take effect (your inbox for that account should disappear), then go back in and reselect email in "content to synch". This corrected the problem for me.

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Try this: Go to settings - email & accounts. Select the problem email account and uncheck the "content to synch" box that says email. Let the changes take effect (your inbox for that account should disappear), then go back in and reselect email in "content to synch". This corrected the problem for me.
Thank you, that worked. :)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I had this issue with 4 emails for the last three days. I finally put them in trash and went to the email account and they showed up in the trash folder and then I clicked on the trash folder and the three dots which gave me the option empty and that seems to have done the trick

Marsamver

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I had this too with a couple of emails, I just went onto Outlook.com and deleted them there and emptied the deleted items/trash folder and they finally disappeared

Subform

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I have this also on my 920. I solved it (not fixed) by moving items to trash, then emptying trash. Its not a permanent solution but it removed my desire to swear alot!

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Still seeing this issue on my 928 with GDR2/Amber. I prefer to read my Hotmail e-mails on the computer, but when I delete them, or they get marked as Read, they are still showing as NEW on the phone. As the day goes, my Unread count grows and grows until I manually delete them. Setting is to Sync once per hour. I don't want to shut it off because when I am away from my PC, I like to keep updated. Syncs the new just fine, but it is like the flag to either delete or mark Read is not there.

Microsoft to Microsoft, it should work. Right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss