So something tragic happened two days ago, while at the dock chilling with my friends, I stood up and my L920 fell out of my pocket and dropped into the lake through the gap between the dock and the floater. When I heard that sound, my heart just stopped and was hoping it was something else but nope, it was definitely my beloved Lumia.. So my friends and I panicked and weren't sure what to do because we don't know how deep the water was, but I had to try so I went down the water and luckily my feet could reach the bottom, however I can't open my eyes in the water so I couldn't find the phone with my feet, so at this moment my heroic female friend who could see in the water went down and went for the place I indicated where the phone could be and she grabbed my phone from the bottom of the lake and gave it to me. This whole process took about 5 minutes in total, I was pretty pessimistic about the outcome at this point... But magically, I tried the phone, it was fully functioning, but I immidiately turned it off.

When I got back, I immediately put a few handful of rice into a bag and placed the Lumia in until it's fully covered with rice. Prior to this I tried shaking out most of the excessive water that was inside. So after a good 15-20 hours of waiting, I took the phone out, charged it with wireless charger. It took awhile for the phone to show anything on the screen, partially because it was almost out of battery when dropped into the water. After the full charge, I tried the phone, everything was working BUT the touchscreen, which means I can't really do much at all, so my heart sank a little. I decided to put it back in the rice for another night and then I put it beside the window for awhile earlier today. And in the afternoon, I soft resetted again the phone just to try it, and MAGICALLY, the touchscreen was back in business and everything was running like a charm again! I really thought I would have to bring it to the store for an expensive repair, but I guess now I have a indestructible Nokia story of my own to tell.
    07-01-2013 09:02 PM
    Sweet story! Glad you got it working!
    david90531 likes this.
    07-01-2013 09:04 PM
    Right on!!!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    david90531 likes this.
    07-01-2013 09:23 PM
    Wow, that's incredible! Your 920 survived a drowning!
    david90531 likes this.
    07-01-2013 09:59 PM
    Incredible!

I bet you a HTC One would not survive that!
    david90531 likes this.
    07-01-2013 10:11 PM
    Damn! this proves why the Lumia 920 earned the nick name "the tank" lol, glad you got it working again.
    david90531 likes this.
    07-02-2013 12:38 PM
    nice that's pretty awesome! I would always assume waiting at least 24hours before trying a wet device. think about how little air actually circulates around internal components..practically none. best to wait as long as you can or risk shorting it out.
    Glad it's working!
    david90531 likes this.
    07-02-2013 04:18 PM
    Yes, I think if waited longer might be even better, darn my patience. The phone had a few touch screen scare since, but usually fixed by locking and unlocking the phone again, or soft reset. Also the back button light flickers from time to time. I may still bring it to store for a checkup when I'm back in town, but all in all I'm beyond glad that it still works like a charm after such tragedy when traveling.

Also be noted that when my phone took a dive into the lake it had case on, and its quite a protective one so I think that helped preventing more water go into the device. So if you use your Lumia naked this might be a different outcome..
    07-03-2013 09:47 AM
    haha you were very lucky bro :D
    david90531 likes this.
    07-03-2013 12:05 PM