What are some DOs and DONTs for Lumia 620

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: DOs and DONTs for Lumia 620

Internal storage: Buy yourself a good quality SD card (class 4 or 6 but avoid a class 10) and store all your stuff to SD. Apps can't be installed to SD though. Also, be very careful when removing the rear cover. It can be a bit tricky and some 620 owners have reported cracking the screen because of the amount of pressure they used to remove the rear cover. The trick is to hold the phone by its sides in one hand then press down on the camera flash with the other hand and the cover should then come away fairly easily.

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
One small point. Do get a cover for your lumia as soon as possible or your white shell would turn yellow in no time.
These shells get dirty very easily and a yellowish dirt accumulates especially on their sides

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

I have NL 620 with SanDisk 32GB Ultra UHS-I Class 10 card.

It is insanely fast. And works flawlessly.

I'm sure it does but the phone will not utilise the full speed of a class 10 card so it's a bit of overkill having a class 10. Class 6 is ideal and class 4 is adequate for everyday use.

sandymanzy

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Random reads are going to be constrained on a Class 6, more so on a 4. In practical real world scenario, my card in fact works better than Internal memory.
Internal mem is only 8GB there is only less than 2 GB free, SD card has 15-20GB free atm, the content on card is accessed much quicker than a similar content type on internal card at times.

Only if price is an issue should you go with Class 6, other wise the device hardware is ready enough to take advantage of newer class of SD cards, plus new software OS updates will only add features which will strain memory I/O functions.

Class 10 is must recommendation (except if price is an issues as i said)

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Random reads are going to be constrained on a Class 6, more so on a 4. In practical real world scenario, my card in fact works better than Internal memory.
Internal mem is only 8GB there is only less than 2 GB free, SD card has 15-20GB free atm, the content on card is accessed much quicker than a similar content type on internal card at times.

Only if price is an issue should you go with Class 6, other wise the device hardware is ready enough to take advantage of newer class of SD cards, plus new software OS updates will only add features which will strain memory I/O functions.

Class 10 is must recommendation (except if price is an issues as i said)

I'm sorry if I sound a bit ROOKIE on this thing, but how do you know what class is your SD Card in? :smile: TIA for answering this question.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry if I sound a bit ROOKIE on this thing, but how do you know what class is your SD Card in? :smile: TIA for answering this question.

Apart from asking the teacher, it should be written on the card itself. It will be a number inside what looks like a circle. If you don't have anything written on the card, then you'd need to do a speed test to see class it fits into (probably not worth worrying about unless you're really desperate to know).

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Suite isn't compatible with Lumia phones and the only way to update the phone is Over the Air.

Excuse me but can I ask you something, is the Update Over the Air is according to your Region/Country or according to the Carrier that is shown in the About phone in settings? Because I am currently in the Philippines, but my Phone's Carrier in about phone is CV Malaysia. And my FW Version is still on 8.0.10211.*** something.

What's the latest FW Version by the way?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Excuse me but can I ask you something, is the Update Over the Air is according to your Region/Country or according to the Carrier that is shown in the About phone in settings? Because I am currently in the Philippines, but my Phone's Carrier in about phone is CV Malaysia. And my FW Version is still on 8.0.10211.*** something.

What's the latest FW Version by the way?

It depends on where you got your phone. If you got your phone through a network on contract then usually any new firmwares will depend on the network approving the new firmware. However, if you purchased your phone outright and it isn't locked down to a particular network then any future updates will be released according to your region/country and that is controlled by MS and the OEM as to when they release updates for each country.

In your case, your carrier says CV_Malaysia which means it isn't locked down to a network so you will receive updates when they are released for the Malaysian region. Also, you have stated your OS version which isn't the same as the Firmware version but you do have the same OS version as my CV_GB 920 which currently has the .1308 firmware release. The latest firmware release is .1314 but that has only been released for a small number of networks/regions.

aamir khan7

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Guys can any one help me. my 620 suddenly switch off when it is in standby mode , and don't even start by pressing pwr button . I hav to remove cover then battery than its start by pressing pwr button . It happen approx 4-5 time till now (

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99