8GB HTC 8X Users, how are things going?

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious how things are going for others out there. I find it really good for my needs, however 2GB of others is really killing my 8GB storage that is not expandable. SkyDrive is perfect for my photos and whatnot, but man I wanna put a lot more music and stuff :p. What about you guys? I currently have 500 MB free.

Incase anyone asks, I tried searching for similar forums but I did not really find any? Not too sure where but yeah, sorry if I am reposting.

The Hustleman

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
8GB?

I thought that phone came with 16.

Either way, it's just wrong to make a phone with such a small amount of storage and no expansion

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
8GB?

I thought that phone came with 16.

Either way, it's just wrong to make a phone with such a small amount of storage and no expansion

There are both variants but I was aiming for a higher end wp8 device that was cheap. Had to settle for this. Being a student isn't all that easy hahaha

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The 8GB model isn't available down here unfortunately.

I don't know if there is much people here who own the 8GB 8x.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't even do 16GB!

To each their own haha. I had like 50 apps (which I do now as well) and soooo many photos and recordings on my old LG optimus 7. I have to upload all that goodstuff on SkyDrive to save space now. But it's not too bad... It's just that damn others I swear lol

nathanb131

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I like mine except for the 'other' storage issue. Now up to 4.5gb and I get very annoyed by having to keep deleting more music and podcasts as this glitch continues to steal my memory. I have the 16gb version so I guess I should be thankful I have SOME space left compared to you!

I really like the phone but if this gdr2 update or whatever it is doesn't fix then this becomes a major defect instead of just a major annoyance and I will be taking up a lot of Verizon customer service time to resolve it one way or another.

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
This other storage is taking up 5.89 GB of storage and I have 500Mb of storage left so its really annoying and pissing me off. I wish HTC would do what Nokia does and allow the stupid make space app the is useless let u delete the dumbass other storage cuz I literally can't do anything. HYC was extremely disappointing in the windows phone 8 debut because this phone suck *explicative*

Drack648

May 23, 2013
Visit site
This "Other Storage" thing is driving me crazy >_>. If Microsoft does not come up with a solution in GDR2, I'm afraid I'll have to go back to Android and get another WP when this issue is completely fixed. Seriously, my old GNex did not have any storage issue. I'm really sorry because I really like WP8, but as a music lover and gamer, I need a lot of space. And with this thing absorbing almost 4GB of memory and growing each day, it is just ridiculous :(. Again, I'm in love with WP8 and my 8X, but come on!

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The other storage will be the bane of my usage with windows phone in the future :p it's retarded. But I think that most of us want to wait and see what MS can come up with, hopefully, to solve most of our problems because, let's face it, WP8 is beautiful.

failed1234

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft will probably fix the other storage problem. They're not THAT oblivious.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 4 Beta

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Still doing ok. By linking any photos to Skydrive, I manage to keep at least 100+MB free for photos. I limit my games (really never played them) and of course, my app needs are really reduced thanks to the OS. Mostly music is sucking up my storage.

But yes, 8G is really nothing compared to when I was rolling a 64 SD on my old Thunderbolt. I will throw down the ShrinkStorage app at least once a month, but I am still loving this phone and just how well it perfroms!

WP7_Genius

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
The 8GB is fine for me, I don't use many apps outside the core ones, uninstalled all ATT bloat and I only have a few songs I listen to on the subway to work. Car has Sirius and that's usually just background noise. I also send my pics to Skydrive as well. I have just over 5GB free.

lbaxter

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realize I had an "Other" issue until I was syncing a ringtone to mine the other day. "Other" is now 1/3 to 1/2 my storage, and I am down to my last 1GB free. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss