Destroyed my 928 :(

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yep, hit the concreate floor right on the screen. Was in my hydro pack and the zipper wasnt zipped. Threw the pack on my shoulder and that was all she wrote. I have insurance but im conflicted.

Do i say its broke? assuming they will take my phone
Do i say its lost? Keep the phone and take it apart and play with it?
Just buy a new screen and say F the insurance.

This is the first phone i've broken. The phone is still functional but it actually hurts to look at.

Thanks in advanced for any advice :(

Sad day.

sth2r

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
If you're filing an insurance claim anyways and you think you can salvage the broken one, file as lost.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Ohh it happened i filed it as damaged, i really dont care about taking it apart. And it's not like i can sell it as a working phone.

New one here on Friday, $100 later.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Since you have the insurance, that's cheaper than replacing the screen. Last I checked, the screen was something like $220 for the 928. The reason it's more expensive than most other phones is because the digitizer and the display are sold as one unit, laminated together, rather than being able to just buy the digitizer.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you
1.) Had insurance (smart!)
2.) Filed it as damaged and not lost. That would have been unethical and dirty.

Edit: By the way, were you working with the VZW store or the Microsoft Store?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I kinda wanted to report it lost, just because im a nerd and wanted to take it apart. I still have 14 days to do that if i want to. Thought about switching to black, but it was on backorder (imagine that).

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have dropped mine twice so far on concrete from waist level and luckily no damage! It sucks when a device is broken like that !

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yea, i pretty aggressively tossed it over my shoulder and it went flying out. It hit very hard, i heard a loud POP and it was all over. Sucks cuz today is a holiday and im leaving at 5AM tomorrow for STL and wont be back till saturday. So my phone is going to sit outside for a day and a half.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Having just had to bury my Samsung Focus S due to my own war with gravity, which I end up losing 10 out of every 10 times, I so feel your pain.

Ironic part is that I cancelled my insurance. The copay's for the devices were 199.00 each (except my sons Sony Android, which was 99.00) and you get the refurbished devices other people sent in. At that price, if it was new devices I would have thought okay. At half the price, refurbished would be fine. The combination of the two was just too much for my coupon clipping self.

I am glad it paid off for you, though. My past experinces with phone insurance was they were professional and extremely quick in getting your replacement to you. Hope it is a pleasent experience and your new 928 is as amazing as your dearly departed one.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Since you have the insurance, that's cheaper than replacing the screen. Last I checked, the screen was something like $220 for the 928. The reason it's more expensive than most other phones is because the digitizer and the display are sold as one unit, laminated together, rather than being able to just buy the digitizer.

It's worth the $6 a month that you have to pay for it ($80 something a year if you want to think about it that way)....Just break one phone while your under contract and you will see why it's totally work the piece of mind for the $6 a month...

It happened to me once a long time before smartphones came out, under contract and dropped my phone in the ocean on a vacation... my options $400 or $175 to cancel (or by a used phone), now it's more like $500-1000 depending on model...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium