Nokia Lumia 620 incorrect system time.

philpye65

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, this is more of an information post.
Last night my phone rebooted and when it came back on it had the incorrect time, so I shut it down and restarted it. Each time it restarted it had a different incorrect time even though my setting were set to the correct time zone and automatic update. I also noticed that my Facebook post all said 'posted recently'. I went back to the date and time settings rechecked everything and when I turned 24hr clock off the time jumped to the correct time, I set it back to 24hr and it remained correct. Touch wood it is behaving itself and will carry on doing so.

Has anyone else experienced this situation? I can't find anything on any of the various sites.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, this is more of an information post.
Last night my phone rebooted and when it came back on it had the incorrect time, so I shut it down and restarted it. Each time it restarted it had a different incorrect time even though my setting were set to the correct time zone and automatic update. I also noticed that my Facebook post all said 'posted recently'. I went back to the date and time settings rechecked everything and when I turned 24hr clock off the time jumped to the correct time, I set it back to 24hr and it remained correct. Touch wood it is behaving itself and will carry on doing so.

Has anyone else experienced this situation? I can't find anything on any of the various sites.

Yes. I've seen this behaviour with my daughter's Lumia 620. In her case auto time is on and the time does eventually sync, but sometimes it takes a little while. It may be carrier dependent, because I have Lumia 720 and it seems to go to the correct time straight away after a reboot. If I take the sim card out, however, then rebooting will cause the incorrect time to be displayed. It's almost like the phone doesn't 'remember' the time independently, but needs to keep a connection to a time source to be accurate. It's certainly an issue with Lumias. I've never experienced this sort of issue with my previous Android or feature phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss