Introducing a free custom 3-D printable stand for Lumia 928 and Nokia wireless plate!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
928CradleMkIII.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wp3npur16jav52l/928CradleMkIII.stl

Hey all, I've designed a 3D printable stand that'll hold the Nokia charging plate as well as a 928 (and any other phone for that matter, it's just that the 928 was my reference design). I'm releasing the file for free under the creative commons license (i.e. use it freely for personal use!). Unfortunately I'm not sure how to upload/host the file anonymously (Skydrive shows my name so that's a no-no) so any tips that don't require me signing up for some account or another would be appreciated! I used a Makerbot Replicator II to print it out

WP_20130626_003.jpg

As you can see, something about the algorithm the printer uses didn't jive real well with the model. I took out the extraneous bits manually with some elbow grease and a hot flathead screwdriver to get the final product (sorry, I can't show it to you with the phone on it as it's my only camera). Following this prototype I've made some modifications to hopefully make it work a bit better, but as I have what I need I haven't printed out the new version yet. I tried to design this to be as lightweight and materials-saving as possible, hope you guys find it useful!

WP_20130707_003 (1).jpg
WP_20130707_001 (1).jpg

Last edited:

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
2 words.
Awe
Some.

Try using mediafire, its awesome and cool! Now if only there is a 3D printed charger dock for the 920

RedBarron

May 5, 2008
Visit site
Nice Job! This is exactly what I am looking for. I bought 3 of the wireless charging pads when they were 25$ on ebay. With this I could turn them all into stands. Looking forward to seeing the designs.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Got my 3d printed stand today
needed a bit or work cleaning loose bits of plastic away & i do need to find a bit of weight for the base as its topp heavy, but as it \cost me $20 NZD to make im well happy.
ive also added a n NFC sticker to give me my desktop clock.
Thanks to the original up loader

sorry for the photo quality but i had to use the wife's iphone to take the pictures :(

Attachments

• altAgAeosRwQL-E_tU-21-s6-azh1mnIphi8lfpTpXuOeG7_jpg.jpg
    altAgAeosRwQL-E_tU-21-s6-azh1mnIphi8lfpTpXuOeG7_jpg.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 4
  • altAsgsYOGsk-5A3Kzv5xiOCAuI3xDX1WaYvTOJLRgqr8aV_jpg.jpg
    altAsgsYOGsk-5A3Kzv5xiOCAuI3xDX1WaYvTOJLRgqr8aV_jpg.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 4
  • altAsja1WxxItlBBMJNVM_i-Kz7StuDkvPS2KzrZjC1XCLH_jpg.jpg
    altAsja1WxxItlBBMJNVM_i-Kz7StuDkvPS2KzrZjC1XCLH_jpg.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 2

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I used a dril to remove what I could,but I did snap the front hoop bit off in the process. Can I ask what program you used to the the modeling

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
This is neat, but seems of somewhat limited use since it is almost as cheap for most just to buy the official stand.

What's really needed (hint, hint!) is something like this to create a horizontal charging stand, which doesn't exist yet.

Still, nice work and thanks for sharing with the community!

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
This is neat, but seems of somewhat limited use since it is almost as cheap for most just to buy the official stand.

What's really needed (hint, hint!) is something like this to create a horizontal charging stand, which doesn't exist yet.

Still, nice work and thanks for sharing with the community!

to buy a DT910 here in New Zealand they will charge $127 NZD or $50 for the charging pad so no its not the same cost at all at least not for me.

but i do like the idea of a horizontal stand :)

sumothong01

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
That is nice and I have a second charging plate coming to me. Now just need to find a place near me that can do 3D printing. Also I like the horizontal idea too.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I used a dril to remove what I could,but I did snap the front hoop bit off in the process. Can I ask what program you used to the the modeling
For future reference, a hot flathead screwdriver works best as it softens up the material. I used sketchup for the modeling

Re: horizontal stand, there was a guy commenting when this made the front page he'd be willing to design anything people came up with, give the dood a shoutout!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos