lumia 720 screen broken :'(

abdulrahman hassan

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. The screen of my 720 broke and I do not even know how did this happen. I woke up, tried to check the time on the phone, I removed it from my pocket and voila, I found it broken. The lcd is not damaged and the phone works fine except that there is a crack near the front camera. Does anyone has an idea how much fixing the screen would cost? And I know most probably that the warranty does not cover this but is there a chance for some free repair from nokia care? Thanks in advance!

abdulrahman hassan

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I have checked around (not nokia care) they said it will cost around $110. I guess nokia care would charge you more. The problem is that I have no idea how it broke, I have dropped it several times but nothing happened. I began to believe the gorilla screen thing until that day. It is really sad :(

krishanlaljaspal

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
i do not know when and how did it happen. I want to to know if it can be changed free of cost. if so where and what I am required to do. if it cannot be done free of cost; in that case how much will it cost. how shall I receive the reply.

Jignesh Jain1

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
in vasai (outskirt of mumbai) nokia care reparied my 820 display in 4000 ur wud cost less than it go an confirm or even call different care centre and get cost effective price like i did

abdulrahman hassan

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I got my phone fixed at my local nokia care centre. They were really helpful and they gave me a discount because the phone still had the one year warranty! They charged my about 74$ (normally it is about 128$) Kudos to Nokia, best care centre ever :) !

MicrosoftLumia

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my 720 and my screen cracked as well. I'm planning to take this to Nokia Care and hoping they'll fix it on a discount. I was hoping you could help me out with a few things:

1.) How many days did they keep your phone for?
2.) Did you remove any data from your phone before giving it to them? Like pictures, passwords, messages, etc. I don't know if I should do that.
3.) Did you get the phone back in factory reset state (in terms of the settings, apps installed, etc.)?

satyanara

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
the screen is attached with a sculpted gorilla glass it looks superb but it is not so restrictive to damages and scratches . my lumia 720 glass cracked so badly when it just fell from my pocket on a plain floor. the Nokia care charged rs 8500/-
i thought i was the only fellow who dropped my mobile, but when i went to Nokia care , he showed me nearly 10 lumia 720 cracked screens. This is the only drawback of this mobile , else everything is superb. I suggest you if whoever wants to buy this mobile please purchase in Nokia priority , they give you insurance (including physical damage and theft) by charging 1200 rupees extra but don't go to other shops for offers as i did. as other shops say that they provide insurance but it is only meant for theft not for physical damage. i suffered , i don't want you to suffer. its up to your wish.

connectandroid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I got my phone fixed at my local nokia care centre. They were really helpful and they gave me a discount because the phone still had the one year warranty! They charged my about 74$ (normally it is about 128$) Kudos to Nokia, best care centre ever :) !
was the phone originally in any type of protective case or just bare phone ? maybe you bumped it while it was in the pocket ?

Maddie1998

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
My screen broke too! I have dropped it a few times but i guess the last time i dropped it the impact must have been real bad because my cracks are awful. I'm still surprised it works perfectly fine! I went to the nokia store and they said it would be around $150 ! They said it's because unfortunatly 720 has this weird thing that if you change one thing in it then you have to change everything unlike the rest of their series. So if you want to change the screen you have to change the motherboard and everything :/ At least that's what they said to me :(

nitiny8

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Just to add I got my insurance from New India Assurance through Nokia Priority Partner for Rs 360/- New Delhi, Karol Bagh.
Got my screen broken and had it replaced but had to pay differential amount of Rs 300 (7500-7200), 7200 was the amount approved and 7500 was the cost of screen.

Rgds,
NY

the screen is attached with a sculpted gorilla glass it looks superb but it is not so restrictive to damages and scratches . my lumia 720 glass cracked so badly when it just fell from my pocket on a plain floor. the Nokia care charged rs 8500/-
i thought i was the only fellow who dropped my mobile, but when i went to Nokia care , he showed me nearly 10 lumia 720 cracked screens. This is the only drawback of this mobile , else everything is superb. I suggest you if whoever wants to buy this mobile please purchase in Nokia priority , they give you insurance (including physical damage and theft) by charging 1200 rupees extra but don't go to other shops for offers as i did. as other shops say that they provide insurance but it is only meant for theft not for physical damage. i suffered , i don't want you to suffer. its up to your wish.

nitiny8

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey Afrin,

I bought my cell through Nokia Preferred partner (not Priority Dealer)....my cell was picked up from my home by "Onsite" (a firm dealing with peripherals).....as per them it gets fixed by Nokia Center. (Covered by Insurance)....
Just to add, after this got fixed i got to know tht my "City lens" was not working...and many other small problems arose......came to know my mother-board was damaged too....got that too fixed by Insurance.
Trust, I know its sounding too sweet to be true....but it is.
:)

Hey I wud like to know whr u got it repaired from xactly in vasai. Thanks!!

Last edited:

tarunnit788

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey ppl.
My lumia 720 screen glass got terribly cracked when it fell from a height of 1 feet. My phone is under warranty..
I called up Nokia care and was given an estimate of 6900 for the repair as the Digitizer and the Touch both needs to be replaced.
can anybody suggest any better options??

Pravin Bhaise

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
i purchased from nokia priority but they didnt speak about any insurance...bad guys.....
anyway if i buy screen from some online stores it costs $ 17...is that safe?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs