Durability and extra cases

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys
i have a lumia 620 (which i absolutely love)
i was just wondering about the durability of the device if anyone has any stories of their lumia 620 dropping or falling into the water and if it survived it or not (with the pictures if possible)
and i was also wondering if any of you used the bumper cases ( CC-1056 ) and tell me if it is worth the money (if possible can you also give pictures of ur phone in those cases)
oh and hav any of you used the CC-3061 protection shell and tell me if that is also worth buying

Last edited:

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
i dropped it a few times (once in the underground, through the door down on the track!) and everything is fine...
Im waiting for the CC3061, but cant buy it anywhere :( Im in germany...

chaitanya40

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Even my mobile fell from waist height a few times ...but nothing happened ...everything's fine and the device runs smoothly as usual :)

And for cases i haven't thought of it yet...my cyan shell is beautiful and makes me forget about rest of the shells ;)

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
i dropped it a few times (once in the underground, through the door down on the track!) and everything is fine...
Im waiting for the CC3061, but cant buy it anywhere :( Im in germany...

same here the CC3061 is one rare shell cant find it anywhere
here in the UAE u can only get nokia lumia accessories at the nokia store

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Even my mobile fell from waist height a few times ...but nothing happened ...everything's fine and the device runs smoothly as usual :)

And for cases i haven't thought of it yet...my cyan shell is beautiful and makes me forget about rest of the shells ;)

my cyan shell shows light scratches when shown in light
but otherwise it looks beautiful but i want to buy those bumper shells it gives better grip according to some

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
The cc 1056 is a great case. The CC-3057 is better in my opinion because you can swap and change the colour of your phone whenever you want. Regarding the CC-3061....yes it is extremely difficult to find, but I hope to have good news within 10 days. I know that Nokia original accessories are difficult to find, and even if I sell only Nokia accessories it is difficult to get stock. And to Technogeek019, we offer worldwide delivery. Thanks and I hope it helps. Www.okkio.co.uk

okkio is the payment pay on delivery or online payment but thanks anyways

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, unfortunately payment on delivery is difficult but you can pay with paypal which gives you buyer protection anyway. Thanks

I have found the CC-1056 at a nearby nokia store
and thanks anyways for your link u are helping a lot of people lets hope for gud news on the CC 3061
more than 292 people look at this post and others for a way to get the lumia accessories which are pretty rare
and u have provided many of us an alternative store thanks a lot

Mark Shields1

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, first time poster, been lurking here for about a week or so since I bought the black 620, found a lot of great hints and tips.

Anyway, this will probably sound like a stupid question but I've been looking for some extra protection for my phone. I have assumed that the CC-3057 was simply a replacement back cover for the phone, but now from reading this thread I'm thinking it's an additional cover that goes over the existing cover.

Can anyone clear this up for me please?

Thanks

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, first time poster, been lurking here for about a week or so since I bought the black 620, found a lot of great hints and tips.

Anyway, this will probably sound like a stupid question but I've been looking for some extra protection for my phone. I have assumed that the CC-3057 was simply a replacement back cover for the phone, but now from reading this thread I'm thinking it's an additional cover that goes over the existing cover.

Can anyone clear this up for me please?

The CC-3057 is actually a full replacement for the backplate that comes with the phone, not a cover. You can tell this from the pictures on the Nokia web site. If you look at the sides of the shells you'll see the buttons are integrated. If this was just a cover there'd be cutouts for the buttons.

Things like this are covers that go over the top of the existing shell.

Mark Shields1

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
The CC-3057 is actually a full replacement for the backplate that comes with the phone, not a cover. You can tell this from the pictures on the Nokia web site. If you look at the sides of the shells you'll see the buttons are integrated. If this was just a cover there'd be cutouts for the buttons.

Things like this are covers that go over the top of the existing shell.

So, for some added protection the only options available are the afore mentioned CC-1056, the almost impossible to find CC-3061 or an unofficial case, right?

Thanks for the help

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
So, for some added protection the only options available are the afore mentioned CC-1056, the almost impossible to find CC-3061 or an unofficial case, right?

Thanks for the help
The CC-3061 is a protective case that replaces ur back cover but it is almost impossible to get along wit unofficial accessories but i will recommend getting original nokia accesories like the back cover as unofficial back covers may not include the Headphone jack and the 2 mini holes for the microphones as of not for some added protection the CC-1056 is the only option unless u cant get the CC 3061

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
My 620 I had for 2 days before it took an unexpected swim with me. I fell in a river pushing a boat out after the river ice broke up and cleared out. Im 6"2", was chest high in the water for about 2-3 minutes until I could get back on the shore. It survived with nothing happening to it. I took the back cover off, pulled the battery. Got home put it in an open ziploc bag of rice and went duck hunting for 3 days. Came back and it only had one little really light spot on the display that went away with use and heat. I was really surprised and happy as my Galaxy S finally died and this was its replacement that I bought as my carrier in Alaska is not the best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs