Nokia 920 Straight Talk "no network found"

katastrofee

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I have an AT&T Lumia 920 and I decided to jump ship from AT&T and switch to Straight Talk, I'm tired of contracts. So I bought an AT&T compatible micro sim, put it in my phone and nothing... it says "invalid sim" and "no active network" I activated the sim and paid for service, I've tried googling it and it seems everyone else has no issue. I'm thinking it MIGHT be because I'm trying to port my number but I requested the port from the website yesterday around 4pm PST and it's now almost 24 hrs later and when I check Straight Talks website it still says porting in progress. Is this normal? How long does it take to port? Any ideas or suggestion on how to get this to work?? I changed the APN and such but now not even the time or date is correct on my phone. I really like this phone and i dont wanna get rid of it and i DONT wanna go back to AT&T!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
oh. from what i understood you could buy an att compatible sim and still use it. att just doesnt sell them anymore.
There are some available on eBay, but they are very expensive, since they are a discontinued product. The SIMs currently sold by Straight Talk are for T-Mobile, so your 920 would need to be unlocked if you have a T-Mobile SIM.

katastrofee

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
i have an AT&T locked lumia 920, i have one of the AT&T straight talk sim cards in it but the phone is telling me there no network found. i'm trying to port my number from AT&T and i was curious if anyone knew if this may be the reason i'm not getting any service yet or if i'm doing something wrong.

Linda Castro

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,,,and yes,,,,Straight talk is very very slow on their porting process,,,it took them almost a week to do mine,,,and this is what I did,,,Bought the nokia lumia on Ebay (unlocked) and at the same time switched to ST a few days b4 I had to pay again on Virgin mobile but they took so long for the process to actually finish,,I was lucky that enough had went thru to keep my number but I was without service for a good 5 days. well now I had to get the sim card cut so I could jus swap it right,,ok,,,well guess what,,Its not working,,so i'm thinking the phone isn't unlocked becuz I had Nokia replace the actual one I had bought(thx to the warranty it still had)and the guy I bought the phone from got the unlock code so I could just do it myself,,,BUT!! there's another problem,,,The nokia doesn't give me the option to put in the unlock code,,it doesnt even read my sim card,,,so as far as waiting 24 hrs for ST thats normal,,,jus hope u don't go thru what I still am...Good Luck!:crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb