Anyone Else Concerned About 925's High SAR Rating

jp1024

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
It all depends, as said and linked above, its the highest value measured. So you should, perhaps, worry more if you are in a poor signal area or hold the phone in such a way that the signal is impaired, as this is when the phone has to ramp up the power to the antenna.

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
What's SAR?

It's a measure of energy waves pumped out by the device and absorbed by the cells of your body. The higher the level the worse it is. The US and Europe have maximum limits, and for a device to be street legal it must be below these limits. The Lumia 925 complies with these limits. However, I'm one of those people who thinks lower is better without trading off too much phone reception. Typical phones are in the 1.10's or lower from my casual observations.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
It's a measure of energy waves pumped out by the device and absorbed by the cells of your body. The higher the level the worse it is. The US and Europe have maximum limits, and for a device to be street legal it must be below these limits. The Lumia 925 complies with these limits. However, I'm one of those people who thinks lower is better without trading off too much phone reception. Typical phones are in the 1.10's or lower from my casual observations.
Honestly I personally wouldn't worry about it as there is so much more in the environment - radio and microwaves, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire