Tech site reviews

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Are there any reviews of the 1020 out or are all tech sites still waiting for review units?

The only comments/reviews I found were either done on prototype units where there were limitations on what can be published (e.g. test shots) or then just some hands on from the press reveal event.

Considering that the pre-orders are opening up on the 16th I am surprised that Nokia has not managed to get review units to the leading tech sites yet.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I heard they are generally bound by NDA until the device releases to the market. I think this is to prevent any negative or indeed positive press for the device before launch to public.

You will see reviews as soon as the device is launched.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Well that is kind of stupid to wait until launch. To spend that much on a phone I will be waiting for reviews to decide if its worth it, so no pre-order for me.

Is Nokia that worried that the camera and phone is crap and is going to be torn appart by bad tech site reviews? The NDA until public launch certainly does not instil confidence in the device.

Michael Spencer

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Well that is kind of stupid to wait until launch. To spend that much on a phone I will be waiting for reviews to decide if its worth it, so no pre-order for me.

Is Nokia that worried that the camera and phone is crap and is going to be torn appart by bad tech site reviews? The NDA until public launch certainly does not instil confidence in the device.

Haha must be their paranoid PR department.

In fairness - would have been better to launch and ship the same day.

JustToClarify

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
camera is not crap as seen from original samples and the phone behaves the same way like 92x series(I doubt that another 1GB has some use at this moment, but it does make it more future proof)

no surprise here I'd say, I'm only surprised by such a high price, it's 800 EUR(thats over $1K) in Germany off contract which is silly, you can buy a 925 and a very good compact P&S(or 808 for that matter) for that amount of money

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
it is not specifically for 1020, it is the same process for any device.

I am basing this on watching reviews of pocketnow, I saw them explain in one of their videos.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
If you want some reviews/hands on impressions, check out the "All about Lumia 1020" thread stickied at the top of the forum :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven