GDR2 Update for 8X

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone's "Other" go down with the new update?

Just installing the update reduced my "Other Storage" from 4.8 GB to 2.5 GB (which I think is a good thing). After I read the news on WPCentral about the manual deletion of temporary files I installed Make More Space. In the app it shows 56.10 MB, nothing happens when I tap, there's nothing in the options directly.

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
HTC didn't bring anything new to the table with GDR2, so there is practically no change. At least Nokia made a few firmware additions so we have a little something to look forward to.

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I got the GDR2 update for my international unbranded 8X in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia this morning & I'm still discovering things here & there , here's what I found so far :

- FM Radio , haven't tried it yet (Music>>Radio) .
- What Camera App to launch (Photos>>Settings).
- Control the Keyboard tone (Settings>>Ringtones+Sounds).
- Skype Contacts now appear in People with the rest of the contacts & you can filter it as well.
-Others storage went down . (went from 2GB to 1.5GB)

I'll keep you posted with what I can find .

? A couple of quick heads ups :
- Its a Big Update , 1.3GB so be careful everyone .
- it will fill to 100% & start again, also It will stay on 100% (on the update bar) for like 10 minutes ... Perfectly normal.

Also , HTC updated most of their apps yesterday

Drack648

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I haven't received any update yet :( I'm on Telefonica Movistar MEX. Hope this deal between Micro. and Telefonica included Data Sense lol.

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
The one thing i have noticed with gdr2 is a possible update to beats audio. It takes a sec to kick in but when it does it sounds alot better, louder and clearer then before.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
The one thing i have noticed with gdr2 is a possible update to beats audio. It takes a sec to kick in but when it does it sounds alot better, louder and clearer then before.

You can hear the difference. Much more vibrant... But it was a weird kind of "fade in" or whatever you like to call it. But I dig it. now it also works with Metrotube and myTube whereas it wouldn't kick in before GDR2

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
You can hear the difference. Much more vibrant... But it was a weird kind of "fade in" or whatever you like to call it. But I dig it. now it also works with Metrotube and myTube whereas it wouldn't kick in before GDR2

ya i kinda like it. It just sounds better.

ricocchet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Have to agree I was expecting big things from these GDR updates, at least a custom colour selector for Accent colour, but no, its good to have an update and appreciate the radio and the extra tweaks, things seem smoother and less clunky but disappointment, when is GDR3 coming out?

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing really changed for Skype except stability of VOIP calls I think, and maybe improved stability. And for Xbox music I didn't find any changes at all. Only added FM radio of course but that's all I coyle find after the update.

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I got the GDR2 update for my international unbranded 8X in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia this morning & I'm still discovering things here & there , here's what I found so far :

- FM Radio , haven't tried it yet (Music>>Radio) .
- What Camera App to launch (Photos>>Settings).
- Control the Keyboard tone (Settings>>Ringtones+Sounds).
- Skype Contacts now appear in People with the rest of the contacts & you can filter it as well.
-Others storage went down . (went from 2GB to 1.5GB)

I'll keep you posted with what I can find .

? A couple of quick heads ups :
- Its a Big Update , 1.3GB so be careful everyone .
- it will fill to 100% & start again, also It will stay on 100% (on the update bar) for like 10 minutes ... Perfectly normal.

Also , HTC updated most of their apps yesterday

Why so big? What tthe hell is all in this thing

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen a single update for any HTC app yet. Hope to see them soon because the "clean temporary files" function on the Make More Space app doesn't work!

I didn't have any apps updated either and don't find any with a recent update date in the HTC app list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99