GDR2 Update for 8X

rlindabury

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Relax! Not every 8x on gdr2 is going to brick. In fact, mine was one of the first which received the update and no single problem so far.
Yup. Typically the people who post the most are the ones who are having problems and want to ***** about their problems. It's understandable. However, there are probably many others who aren't having a problem with the GDR2 update. They wouldn't even be reading this thread in most cases.

People are throwing blame for this all over the place. MS, HTC, etc. Until the issue is resolved it seems pointless to point at any one reason for this issue. I still maintain that some app or apps are hogging up CPU time and not exiting causing the phone to "lock-up" and drain the battery even when on USB charge from a PC. This sounds like something is eating up 100% CPU. Other's stating that their animation and other actions are no longer smooth and that they stutter only supports my contention.

I'm on T-Mobile and have yet to see the update OTA so no issues here. I'm still looking forward to it however. If it bricks my phone T-Mobile can either fix it or replace it with a nice new Lumia 925. :)

davo233

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi , I bought 8X with GDR2 update and everything works perfectly, I listened to music one and a half hour and nothing happened, no random reboots. WP_20130807.png sorry for that language, I am from Slovakia and it is unbranded.

twistedpopo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 8x got bricked last week while using Xbox Music. Waited four days for it to run out of battery. Now it's back on but I don't want to play my music anymore. Bought an Android phone but can't stand using it. Using Android is like poison. Hoping for an update for HTC 8x for bug fixes. My 920 is in Nokia Care... Tsk.

ricocchet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Advice on installing this GDR2 update for 8x

**********DO NOT! DO NOT! NOT INSTALL!! - I REPEAT DO NOT INSTALL UNLESS YOU WANT TO BRICK YOUR HANDSET***********

I suspect the new radio app is the culprit coupled with XBox Music (Sub cancelled)

It bricked my Virgin Mobile HTC 8X (Dont say we didnt warn you)

toddro6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

**********DO NOT! DO NOT! NOT INSTALL!! - I REPEAT DO NOT INSTALL UNLESS YOU WANT TO BRICK YOUR HANDSET***********

I suspect the new radio app is the culprit coupled with XBox Music (Sub cancelled)

despite all these warnings I see pop up, I am pretty sure I am still going to install the update.

Call me stubborn, but I just can't not do it.

SLO Eclipse

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine didn't wake up after days so I send it to repair and the clerk there told me to pay 180 eu becaus it is not under warrenty because the screen is a bit cracked (just on the top of the screen a little bit, worked flawlessly for me though) with an excuse that he can't fix it if he doesn't change the screen, what a **** -_- gonna call HTC customer support today and try them to exchange it for me or something, really not pleased with this update fiasco.

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
HTC today regarding the update and they have advised me it is still being pushed out and works on serial number and how old the handset is basis, so older serial will get it first :)

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

So I guess we won't be seeing gdr3 or wp8.1 all because you said to not update. Not going to happen, I'm updating even if it breaks my phone, right now it only seems to affect unlocked devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077