glance screen on the 920?

sage sokol

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
How? Glance relies on OLED technology, and the fact that you can turn on individual pixels while the rest of the screen stays off. If they left the lcd on, the battery would drain as fast as having your screen on constantly. I don't see how this will happen. Wish it could, because I have a 920. I guess if they only leave it on for a few minutes every time you use the phone it could work, but isn't glance something nokia is bringing over from symbian, where oled made it possible with powersaving? I bet on the 925/1020 you can leave glance on constantly and only take a 5-10% hit in standby battery life.

Last edited:

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
How? Glance relies on OLED technology, and the fact that you can turn on individual pixels while the rest of the screen stays off. If they left the lcd on, the battery would drain as fast as having your screen on constantly. I don't see how this will happen. Wish it could, because I have a 920.

that's your opinion the 920 wil probably get it but it will have to be set in a time frame basically what im saying Nokia would be saying its your choice but you will still get it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium