Lumia 520 blue shell case

Fuzzeke

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok,
So my wife got herself a Lumia 520 yesterday :) very nice and all but the wierd thing is..
They advertise with a blue version everywhere (even on the box) but there is no blue cover available?
I've tried googling for it and searched all the best webshops around (amazon.co.uk and some from The Netherlands) but can't find it anywhere.
Is it just not available here in Europe ?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Found it in several places in the UK online, but with carriers. The one site I found for just the phone said currently unavailable from retailers.

Fuzzeke

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Are they just that hard to come by then ? hmm might give it a few days, maybe it'll pop up somewhere.. good to know it is not region locked to the US for example.

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought my two sons a 520 from Carphone Warehouse a few weeks ago. I bought them with the white cases (black is so "meh") and then bought the red and yellow covers on Amazon UK. I looked everywhere to buy the blue covers but so far haven't found them available anywhere.

whingygit

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
i`ve been on the actual nokia website and even they dont sell the blue cover!
luckily for me,i bought my one from the cpw in blue,didn`t realise that the "blue" one was so hard to come by! :cool:

jtsmak

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
i got both black and blue cover in the box. i like the blue color but it is a slippery case while the black one is rubber feel and has more grip.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Carphonewarehouse sell them. I got mine there.

I have also seen blue backs on amazon and ebay. Will have a look and see if i can find them for you

WeirdFM

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
i got both black and blue cover in the box. i like the blue color but it is a slippery case while the black one is rubber feel and has more grip.

I bought my cyan/blue battery cover from ebay and thought the difference in the material was because the ebay cover wasn't original. Nice to know that this is just how they are. I too prefer the black cover's feel. The cyan one feels like normal plastic, while the black one is more "velvety" and just generally nicer.

I wonder if any other color than black comes with this texture?

bltnchk

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
My phone came with both the cyan & black covers (North America). I tend to agree that while the cyan cover is nice looking, the black cover has a more rubbery feel to it, which makes it less slippery when you rest it on a table, etc. I would suggest getting a protective cover for it in the colour/style of your choice (not from Nokia)...there are plenty to choose from online.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99