Lumia Sound Bug

Arsynic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Today I lost all sound from my phone. I tried rebooting, I tried tinkering with the settings and nothing. I was about to try the old factory reset before a Google search led me to the solution. By making a call and putting it on speaker phone, the sound returned.

I have an extended warranty and insurance on my phone so if this is a hardware issue, I might have to exchange it. However, if it's a software issue, I don't want to take it back for nothing. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

carolinesami

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
yes i did today too but when using loudspeaker it didnt work, but when by plugging in a headset and plugging out, the sound came back but only for few mins and then it goes away again ! i did a soft and hard reset still the same bug

The1Weapon

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
This just happened to me within the past few hours. I don't know when it started specifically and what might've caused it. I did accidentally drop it earlier in the day, but I have a case and the phone seems to be just fine. The loudspeaker doesn't work at all on mine right now and I'm really bothered by it, not knowing whether it's due to software or hardware. I've turned my phone off and on to no avail. Turned sound off and on (vibrate/ringer to vibrate and back again)... No dice. I haven't yet reset my phone and I don't want to, especially if it doesn't work, but it is a little comforting knowing that I'm not the only one.

So....I kinda really need a solution to something like this, cuz Idk what this is.

The1Weapon

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Basically, what happened with me (I found out the problem) is that I have a case on the phone. When I dropped my phone, I couldn't tell, because the case is right around the polycarbonate edge of the phone, but where the screen insets with the phone at he bottom edge of the device, the polycarbonate casing got slightly detached from the screen. (If you understand what I'm saying.)

All I had to do was snap the bottom back together and it worked fine. Might be a very specific solution, but.....it worked. Lol.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Basically, what happened with me (I found out the problem) is that I have a case on the phone. When I dropped my phone, I couldn't tell, because the case is right around the polycarbonate edge of the phone, but where the screen insets with the phone at he bottom edge of the device, the polycarbonate casing got slightly detached from the screen. (If you understand what I'm saying.)

All I had to do was snap the bottom back together and it worked fine. Might be a very specific solution, but.....it worked. Lol.

There was a gap of a few days between getting my phone and getting my case. Right before the case arrived, I dropped the phone (and my old Trophy AND the laptop). Exact same thing happened, the screen separating ever so slightly and then just snapping it back into place. Whew!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss