Buy 1020....ask yourself just one question.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
There has been a lot of discussion and speculation over the last few days about whether its worth it getting the Lumia 1020.

But at the end of the day there is only one question you need to ask yourself:
Do you want a 41mp phone camera with WP OS now, or do you want to wait at least a year (or longer) for Nokia to make another 41mp camera phone?

I very much doubt that the 41mp sensor is going to become a standard on all future Nokia flagship devices.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think that this question came to your mind because of the very short time between the release of Lumia 925 and the 1020. Amirite? :p.
Back to the question: nope, I think that this 41MP sensor is going to be just in a handful of Nokias phones, not in all of them, of course, because in that case every phone would be just a tad different, and a 41MP camera would become somehow "obsolete", used, not as special as it is. The last Symbian "flagship" was the PureView 808 and then for a looong time nothing, until they haven't partnered up with Microsoft.

My opinion is, that if I wanted such a phone, I'd buy it, and it'd hold for a few years, and then after a few gens (2, 3, maybe 4?) I'd buy a new phone.
But I'd rather ask myself one other question: will I use that camera to its full potential, and will the camera become somehow "boring" after a few months? I know, maybe I'm using the wrong words to express my opinion, but you get the point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb