Couple music problems/questions

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Couple weird things I'm wondering about:

seems like the connection to XBox Music updates the metadata on music I've uploaded to the phone. As an example, instead of having a couple Rolling Stones hits albums, it breaks them into about 8 million albums with 1 song each. And changes the cover art. If you are a little OCD about your music like I am, you will understand the mental anguish this causes. :p

also, I went to music, went to start building a playlist, tried hitting a song (off an album split into parts grumble grumble) and it insisted on adding all the tracks of that album to begin with. Follow up songs I could add one by one, but not the first.

These problems weren't there on the Trophy, just wondering if anyone has seen what I'm describing and/or have any workarounds.

Will 74

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I think Xbox music on WP8 is a huge step backwards from the Zune experience on WP7. I know everyone is pushing the cloud and that seems great, but so far the execution of it is poor. They should have kept everything the same as Zune, and just called it Xbox Music and added the cloud/match features to it.
I'm hoping GDR2 helps, but for now I just live with having my music unorganized and no playlists.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo