Upgraded to 8X

IrRevd

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, have just upgraded my 520 to the 8X.

Anything I need to watch for with this phone, common problems etc.

Also could someone please explain what this "other storage" problem is that I keep reading a out??

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
A) Find my thread in the 8X forum. Battery tips & tricks.
B) The lost storage comes from the OS caching data and thumbnails. Not so easy to fix. Like the folder preview files in Windows...

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had an 8x now for about 3weeks now and have not had any major problems. The only thing i have found is with heavy use the phone gets warm but not hot and the battery drains quick eg 2-3 hrs from %90 to %15 but that's heavy use other then that i cant fault htc hardware only WP8 os problems.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 16Gb 8X won't really suffer from the "other" storage issue if you don't fill the phone up with music/videos/games/etc. My "other" folder has remained static at about 1.8Gb for months now.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine floats between 2gb and 4gb - I clear the internet cache, map data, and delete unused folders from music library on the phone once a week

Fuzzeke

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Can't say my experience with the 8x is that flawless..
Eventhough I dig the WP8 OS and slickness of this phone (especially the fact it's so thin and light) I do have a couple of hardware problems in these 2 months I own the phone.
SIM card errors , peeling cover/skin & a loose body around the volume buttos.. but other than that it is a fantastic and stylish phone!

chomsky11

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I kind of think of this phone as a Ferrari...sleek, beautiful and eye-catching, but also temperamental and prone to break down. It's a trade-off, I've had phones that were tanks (Moto Atrix, HTC HD7S) but were generic looking. I constantly get positive comments about this phone out in the world but it's certainly not without its quirks.

anon(5346288)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
The 8X I got for my mom has in occasion the sim card error. Not really sure what causes it. But once you restart the phone it goes away. Weird. I made sure the sim card door was on there nice and tight because I feel it rattles every now and then.

Could this be a cause for those errors?

I have heard some have had a dead pixel or two. Luckily not the case with my gift to my mom. She is a light smartphone user, mostly calls/texting, she loves the loud speaker on it and of course the sleekness. I looked at her other storage... 800MB. O_O

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss