This is why I'm getting the 925 anyway

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
And one way or another I'll survive with 16gb of memory.

Yup - you'll do what I used to do before I just said f*ck it and bought an Ativ S - you'll let the "other" storage get up to 5 or 6 gb before getting frustrated and resetting the phone. You'll probably have to do this monthly.

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
This phone gets really hot. It is such a nice phone. However, The service is still not better. What I mean is that I've been on mobile with the hd7. I've had a few places where signal is spotty, like in specific target stores, Harris teeters, and most of all, my office. I was hoping the improves antenna of the 925 and the LTE 4G signals would eliminate this problem. I hope tmo gets better soon or I just cannot use their service anymore. But, I love this phone!

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I just went into a restaurant and then another Harris teeter and the signal is worse than it ever was for may hd7. This is very disappointing. Any chance something like this can be improved with a firmware, or is this just mobile...my hd7 had better signals though

Chill510

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
So I was pretty let down with the announcement that the 925 would debut with ONLY 16gb instead of the standard 32gb all the flagship Lumia devices have gotten. I complained and went back and forth between rather or not I could settle for this one flaw. Finally I had declared that I would instead get a L920 and unlock it for T-Mobile until one thing I hadn't thought of popped in my mind. Carrier compatibility. Sure I could get 4g service where I live on an unlocked L920(I get great coverage on my unlocked HTC Titan), but what about WiFi calling and tethering and other small nuances that make the experience complete? And plus, I would get service truly optimized for the device. So I have concluded that the L925 is definitely sexy and camera worthy enough for me to overlook this one flaw that is the fault of Nokia. Its on MY network and it will be MY next phone. And one way or another I'll survive with 16gb of memory.

I got mine today and I'm coming from an unlocked Rogers L920...I can honestly say the camera is definitely better on 925. Daytime pics are excellent. The phone is beautiful and the screen is gorgeous. I have to warn you though...i after loading my backup/apps and the OS when starting up, I only 8.5 GB of storage left. I can deal with it...i plan on just using more cloud storage. But just wanted to give you a heads up.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have this decision to make (got my 920 on launch day at AT&T), but if it was an unlocked 920 or a 925, I'd go 920 all the way. I couldn't compromise on the storage. I have over 16 GB of music ALONE on my 920, so 16 GB for music AND apps/photos/videos most certainly wouldn't fly (I'm at about 24 GB total right now).

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Does the 925 come with the function to clear the 'other' memory? I have an 810 and am thinking of making the switch if it has this capability. Thanks.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Still on the fence

16 vs 32
16 vs 32
16 vs 32
16 vs 32
16 vs 32
16 vs 32
16 vs 32
16 vs 32
16 vs 32
16 vs 32

:confused:

139g & 8.5mm vs 185g & 10.7mm
:wink:

Wireless charging vs wired charger

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Go for it you picked the right Nokia Lumia 925.. I'm jealous of you guys here in manila ..we only have a 920. For now I'm using it..but I really love to have a 925,928 and 1020... Coz windows 8 interface is so beautiful to use very pleasant and smooth to operate ...get it don't hesitate!!!

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
If any one wants my 925 I'm selling it there's slight scratches on the corners where I haven't been used to the larger sized phone however I am selling it with the charging case and pad

Make offers

Sent from my iPhone

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Does the 925 come with the function to clear the 'other' memory? I have an 810 and am thinking of making the switch if it has this capability. Thanks.

Storage Check? It should be preinstalled in Settings. I know that caught my eye in one of the unboxing videos they had for the 925.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I got mine today and I'm coming from an unlocked Rogers L920...I can honestly say the camera is definitely better on 925. Daytime pics are excellent. The phone is beautiful and the screen is gorgeous. I have to warn you though...i after loading my backup/apps and the OS when starting up, I only 8.5 GB of storage left. I can deal with it...i plan on just using more cloud storage. But just wanted to give you a heads up.
Oh my only 8.5? Jeez! I guess I can cope plus I may not have as many apps as you.(hopefully);)

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
So I just went to the nearest T-Mobile store to see if they had a demo of the 925 set up and they did. First of all, the sexiest phone I ever held(partially held since its hooked up to all the cables and wires). Secondly, I can tell the camera is awesome just from playing around with it. The screen is gorgeous. I'm not quite sure about the loud speaker as one YouTube video was low but that could've just been the settings for that video. Music playback was near perfect. Can't wait to claim this beauty and take her in public. Definitely a head turner.

Chill510

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
So I just went to the nearest T-Mobile store to see if they had a demo of the 925 set up and they did. First of all, the sexiest phone I ever held(partially held since its hooked up to all the cables and wires). Secondly, I can tell the camera is awesome just from playing around with it. The screen is gorgeous. I'm not quite sure about the loud speaker as one YouTube video was low but that could've just been the settings for that video. Music playback was near perfect. Can't wait to claim this beauty and take her in public. Definitely a head turner.

speakers definitely are a little weak for my taste. The 920 had some pretty loud speakers. But I think its the fact that the speakers are on the back and facing away from you.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
So I went to another T-Mobile store today to get some more hands-on with the Lumia 925 and I gotta say again the phone is gorgeous. One thing I noticed, the Peek option was not available for the Glance feature. Only "timed" and "always on" was available. And I understand the natural evolution for 1080p screens but the screen on the 925 is perfect for me. Played with the camera again. Love it. Storage check is genius. Why would Microsoft not make that the standard for all Windows Phones is beyond me. I can definitely manage 13gb with this handy tool. Can't wait.

Fiona M

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
My one reservation about my new Lumia 925 is that it becomes hot quickly. I've never experienced this with my other Lumias is this normal?

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
My one reservation about my new Lumia 925 is that it becomes hot quickly. I've never experienced this with my other Lumias is this normal?

It's hot but no hotter than my iPhone 5 but it scratches too quickly I have never known something like it.. Not sure if this is just Gorilla Glass or the iPhone screen is tougher but my screen doesn't look 3 weeks old.. And I'm pretty fussy with scratches on the screen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss