Error Code: 80040154 on Lumia 920

arywicaksana

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. So I just bought my lumia 920 less than a month ago (I'm in Indonesia, by the way). After about three days, I sync it with my laptop (windows 7), and put some musics and other stuff in it. I tried to play some songs after the sync, and everything was fine. Until today I realized, when I tried to play a song, the phone gave an error message: Sorry, we're not able to play this file in your phone. Error Code: 80040154. This happens to all songs on my lumia 920. How does this happen? I also remember when I did the sync, some files just couldn't be copied and the phone restarted by itself. I thought it was not a big deal, besides I was able to play some musics aftermath (although there was 1-2 albums were failed to be copied), so I thought there was no problem. What can I do to fix this problem? I tried google and found nothing helpful. Thanks.

Ary

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I hope someone can answer you. I know that thread had something about sync and using media player so that's why I suggested it.

arywicaksana

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi stmav, after I did some more googling today, and finally ended up on microsoft web, it turns out that Nokia Music app is the one that causes the 80040154 error. So I immediately uninstalled it, restart the phone, and it works. I have no idea how that happened, I might not want to reinstall the Nokia Music app because I'm afraid the error message will show up again.
I hope someone can answer you. I know that thread had something about sync and using media player so that's why I suggested it.

patel hintan

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
i have lumia 1020..and i m having same problem bro.. i put some songs in phone from laptop.. worked well for like 2 days and now cant open single song or video due to this error40080154..
did u remove nokia music+ ???
does it really helps?
please reply and thanks

patel hintan

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
i have lumia 1020..and i m having same problem bro.. i put some songs in phone from laptop.. worked well for like 2 days and now cant open single song or video due to this error40080154..
did u remove nokia music+ ???
does it really helps?
please reply and thanks

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Simply Google "error code 80040154" and you'll have your answer.

I did. It's the first one listed.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12