Forgot Windows Phone password. Can't backup. HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuMurilloCol

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi there!

Last night I changed my Windows Phone password code. Now, I can't remember it, so I cannot access my phone. I've tried and tried but no luck! I have Googled about it and I found that it is necessary to do a Hard Reset. I can do that, but I'd like to back my Lumia 920 up first... I connected my phone to my PC and I cannot access the photos because the phone is locked!!!...

Last week I had the most exciting experience in my entire life, so I took about 500 photos. I can't lose those photos!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I do not know what to do... So I posted my questions here hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Is it possible to reset the Windows Phone password without doing a hard reset?... Or is it possible to access my photos with the password? As I said, I can do a hard reset, but I need to back up first. :crying: :crying:

Thank you so much for your help!!!!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
If you just aren't able to come up with the right password, you'll need to reset your phone to factory settings. Contact your mobile operator, check their website, or look through your phone's documentation to learn how to do that. For more info, see Reset my phone.[h=3]Note[/h] Resetting your phone to factory settings will erase any settings and personal content you have on the phone, including texts, music, photos, videos, and apps that you've purchased through the Windows Phone Store. It's a good idea to back up your information to your computer periodically using the Windows Phone app for PC or Mac. For more info, see Back up my stuff and Sync my Windows Phone.
If you didn't get a chance to back things up before needing to reset your phone, your mobile operator may be able to recover some info before you reset it. Contact your mobile operator for more details.

RuMurilloCol

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your response, @Stmav.

I'm still trying to access the code I think is. I remember that the code contens the digitsd 4, 5, 6 and 8. And I remember I started with 4... So I'm inserting the possible combinations.
I'm currently waiting for the "try again in xxx minutes" thing. And I have to wait for 255 minutes. Every invalid attempt duplicates the numbers of seconds :cry:

Do you know if in any moment the phone will not let me insert a new code? I can wait whatever is neccesary; I cannot lose those photos... It was the best experience in my entire life :crying:

Thanks!!

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea there's no way to get that password off without hard resetting or else it would defeat the purpose of a user set password. Would be kinda silly if anyone could access a phone without the lock password. Only thing you can do now is be a little more careful, anytime I change passwords I update a OneNote file I have with all my passwords and it syncs to SkyDrive.

Also one of the nicest features of a windows phone is SkyDrive, you didn't have the auto upload feature turned on? That is a hands down must. You will never lose a photo or video again. That's what the feature is meant to do. There are beautiful apps that tell you every feature the phone provides which I always recommend reading. Even myself as a veteran have learned new things and even more I have learned what makes windows phones the best.

Unless you figure out the password you set, your photos are gone. Please consider the auto upload feature as it only takes a screen tap.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your response, @Stmav.

I'm still trying to access the code I think is. I remember that the code contens the digitsd 4, 5, 6 and 8. And I remember I started with 4... So I'm inserting the possible combinations.
I'm currently waiting for the "try again in xxx minutes" thing. And I have to wait for 255 minutes. Every invalid attempt duplicates the numbers of seconds :cry:

Do you know if in any moment the phone will not let me insert a new code? I can wait whatever is neccesary; I cannot lose those photos... It was the best experience in my entire life :crying:

Thanks!!

Maybe Microsoft or Nokia support?

RuMurilloCol

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replys.

@danj210 ... When I bought my Lumia 920 it came with SkyDrive backup feature. I used it for a while, but I figured out that features drained my battery... So I turn it off. Anyway, I'll use it in the future... But I have recover those photos. So I'll keep trying no matter how much time it will take.

@Xpider_MX ... I hadn't considered that. I'll try to contact Nokia Support... Thanks!

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replys.

@danj210 ... When I bought my Lumia 920 it came with SkyDrive backup feature. I used it for a while, but I figured out that features drained my battery... So I turn it off. Anyway, I'll use it in the future... But I have recover those photos. So I'll keep trying no matter how much time it will take.

@Xpider_MX ... I hadn't considered that. I'll try to contact Nokia Support... Thanks!

I promise you that the SkyDrive feature to auto upload takes 0 battery. Had to have been a coincidence when you tried it. And you're welcome for the response. Have you tried laying down in a quiet room and reliving what you did last night up to the point of when you made a new password? Almost like meditating, does wonders on memory and consolidating thoughts. Just something to possibly try.

RuMurilloCol

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip @danj210. I will turn SkyDrive autoupload feature on.

And, you're right... I'll try to meditate about it.

I've been trying since last night inserting a possible combination and if it fails, it makes me wait. I'm currently waiting 255 minutes to try again. Every time I insert an incorrect code, It will make me wait... But the time I have to wait for, it's duplicated every time I insert an invalid code. Will Windows Phone in certain moment not let me to insert a new code? (I hope not, so I can keep trying :crying: )

Thank you so much for your replys!

Last edited:

Ashfaq Gazi

May 14, 2013
Visit site
hard reset is the only and last option u have . had same prob b4 15 days b4 i slpt at night changed my pwd n in mrning was not able to memrze it . searched the world for option to restore but no help . only answers i got was to hard reset it .

RuMurilloCol

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
If u find out any solution do tell me ! same case HEre :crying:
Can we on skydrive feature with lockscreen on ?

I think it is not possible to activate SkyDrive autoload feature without unlocking the phone... I'm still trying with the combinations. I'm currently waiting 4.000 minutes to try again. I have 2 other codes to try... I'll try everything :crying:

Aaron Mendoza

May 23, 2014
Visit site
wow, im as much desperated as you are, i see that this post is from last year, were you able to solve it?? if so please let me know how,,, just came from brasil and all my photos are still on the locked phone, i hate myself for forgetting the password... any welp is welcome... hope you get it trough!

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
wow, im as much desperated as you are, i see that this post is from last year, were you able to solve it?? if so please let me know how,,, just came from brasil and all my photos are still on the locked phone, i hate myself for forgetting the password... any welp is welcome... hope you get it trough!

Try writing an email to Microsoft / Nokia support explaining your situation. Maybe they can do something about it.

From a consumer standpoint from what I know so far, if you forgot the code it's impossible to get into the phone again without a hard reset, which will wipe all the data in the phone. Do you have auto upload turned on for photos? If yes, all your photos will be on your onedrive.

Aaron Mendoza

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I did not program any backup so i think my data will be gone... i will try a few more times before, but i think there will be no other way... thanx for your help!

Kalo Vladimirov

May 31, 2014
Visit site
What you can do is to try every combination possible. If you allready know that the first number was 4 you have 3x2x1=6 tryes and you'll unlock it. If te password didn't start with 4 do you have 4x3x2x1=24 tryes and you'll unlock it.
Hope i helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes