MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

tmark86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
@B1zzle How did you place your order? I thought Microsoft was shipping FedEx but I'm not sure about ATT. I want to make sure I get mine before Saturday but I really wanted the free camera grip and no tax from MS.

Thanks xconomicron, I didn't see your comment before uploading the EXACT SAME THING. We are all too antsy. Ha

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
@B1zzle How did you place your order? I thought Microsoft was shipping FedEx but I'm not sure about ATT. I want to make sure I get mine before Saturday but I really wanted the free camera grip and no tax from MS.

I'm reading through the other preorder thread...it looks like he ordered through ATT. I haven't got very far yet...though. EDIT: yea he went the ATT route...false alarm guys.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
lol yea, not sure if he was just trolling or actually missed the wrong thread due to excitement. haha -whatever. A MS Store order most likely will not go through USPS...

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Did you order from the ATT store or the MS Store? If that is going through USPS, it looks like an ATT order...If I am not mistaken I think I saw you post in the other preorder thread that you were going the ATT route. -which if that's the case...that would be the other thread dude. This says MS Store preorders.

Some shipments are better than no shipments :) Glad to see someone is going to get theirs and enjoy it for the weekend. I ordered from MS to save on tax, shipping and to get the free camera shell. Frugality won out over expediency for me. Am I jealous? Heck yeah lol But gotta be happy for those that are blessed ahead of me (although concerned that it shipped USPS LOL ;) ) Enjoy it and let us know when you receive it and how lovingly the USPS cared for the shipment ;)

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Some shipments are better than no shipments :) Glad to see someone is going to get theirs and enjoy it for the weekend. I ordered from MS to save on tax, shipping and to get the free camera shell. Frugality won out over expediency for me. Am I jealous? Heck yeah lol But gotta be happy for those that are blessed ahead of me (although concerned that it shipped USPS LOL ;) ) Enjoy it and let us know when you receive it and how lovingly the USPS cared for the shipment ;)

lol yea...I'm kind of glad ours won't be shipped usps. My usps guy usually gives no ***** about packages and customers' mail. For an entire year, I worked from home and every day at 11am, I saw how the guy clearly hated his job. If there was an obstruction (car, trash barrel...anything) blocking the mail box, the guy would just skip my house -as that meant he'd have to get out of the mail car to put my mail in my box. For the packages -if they didn't fit the mail box, he'd throw them into the carport. He was sharp at this as he knew where to throw them too. -lol.

I thought about reporting him once, but then realized that I always make sure nothing is delivered that can be broken/and or tech. Tech and fragile stuff go to UPS/Fedex with myself picking the packages up from the plant. I live in San Antonio anyway, you're taking a risk of getting it stolen -even in suburban neighborhoods like mine.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
lol yea...I'm kind of glad ours won't be shipped usps. My usps guy usually gives no ***** about packages and customers' mail. For an entire year, I worked from home and every day at 11am, I saw how the guy clearly hated his job. If there was an obstruction (car, trash barrel...anything) blocking the mail box, the guy would just skip my house -as that meant he'd have to get out of the mail car to put my mail in my box. For the packages -if they didn't fit the mail box, he'd throw them into the carport. He was sharp at this as he knew where to throw them too. -lol.

I thought about reporting him once, but then realized that I always make sure nothing is delivered that can be broken/and or tech. Tech and fragile stuff go to UPS/Fedex with myself picking the packages up from the plant. I live in San Antonio anyway, you're taking a risk of getting it stolen -even in suburban neighborhoods like mine.

my mail carrier is the same. A complete a-hole who hates his job. I live in an apartment complex and he won't even take packages to our leasing office like fedex/ups does, just makes you go to the post office to pick it up. That doesn't work well for me.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I live in San Antonio anyway, you're taking a risk of getting it stolen -even in suburban neighborhoods like mine.

San Antonio? I used to live off of Babcock\Rowley Rd and worked by Sea World at World Savings...small world :) . Loved jet skiing Canyon lake :) They had a good BBQ chain there that my friends and I used to joke that it was suspiciously always building new locations next to veterinarians'' offices LOL

Go Spurs!

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
San Antonio? I used to live off of Babcock\Rowley Rd and worked by Sea World at World Savings...small world :) . Loved jet skiing Canyon lake :) They had a good BBQ chain there that my friends and I used to joke that it was suspiciously always building new locations next to veterinarians'' offices LOL

Go Spurs!

holy crap, from 2009-2011 while in undergrad, I lived off Snowden rd....literally the next block over from rowly. I finally moved into a house on the southeast side going towards Floresville off 181. Its much better, less sketchy people here in my development. Lol. I'll be moving to Boston next summer when I finish grad school. I'm ready to get out of Texas.

Last edited:

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, my family and I have had multiple run-ins with the USPS. Three separate times my mom has had packages sent to my sister in San Diego stolen directly by the USPS staff. At home here in Youngstown, I've had numerous issues with on-time deliveries. As a result, I've switched entirely to electronic communications and UPS/FedEx for packages... even where it costs me extra to do it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... show me a government service that works efficiently and effectively, and I'll dance a jig in support of bigger government projects. Until then, I'll continue to be a good old-fashioned capitalist and support good businesses.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So has anybody with an MS Online order through Complexity got an update to their ordering page? I've still got a big fat red exclamation point for Shipped :(

Hopefully it's shipped before the MetroPCS version is released...

Techiedude

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, my family and I have had multiple run-ins with the USPS. Three separate times my mom has had packages sent to my sister in San Diego stolen directly by the USPS staff. At home here in Youngstown, I've had numerous issues with on-time deliveries. As a result, I've switched entirely to electronic communications and UPS/FedEx for packages... even where it costs me extra to do it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... show me a government service that works efficiently and effectively, and I'll dance a jig in support of bigger government projects. Until then, I'll continue to be a good old-fashioned capitalist and support good businesses.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better.

prrios

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I called yesterday and they tried to assure me that the carrier approval would be handled as soon as they received the devices. Gonna call again...

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I called yesterday and they tried to assure me that the carrier approval would be handled as soon as they received the devices. Gonna call again...

mine is still one checkmark, but I preordered last Friday so im behind most everyone else here.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I ordered Thursday so we may be in the same boat. Sucks... Heading to Vegas on Sunday and REALLY wanted to have the phone for the trip.

Lumia 1020 + Vegas trip = off-da-hook photos...man those would've been sweet to see posted here...grrrrrrrr

Cancel your online MS order and go grab one from an AT&T store before your flight lol ;)

prrios

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1020 + Vegas trip = off-da-hook photos...man those would've been sweet to see posted here...grrrrrrrr

Cancel your online MS order and go grab one from an AT&T store before your flight lol ;)

That's a thought that has crossed my mind. I also have another number on my account with an upgrade available. ; )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99