MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It will be shipped today, everyone needs to be patient! (haha just like me)

In fact, I predict everyone will start getting shipping emails within the next 2 hours.

Actually, if you read the chat I posted, the MS rep clearly states that there is a good chance it is NOT going to ship today, they underestimated pre orders and even if they get the inventory in by 7pm they will not have enough to ship all of the preorders. My guess is most will be shipped on Monday

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Every 30 minutes?!? That's showing a great deal of patience and restraint...I'm probably averaging five minutes between F5 twitches...
Yea, but now that I know that the distribution center doesn't have the shipment yet I know that there is nothing happening for a few hours at least, they have to receive the shipment and unpack and then repack and then ship out, that's not going to happen until at least an hour after they receive the shipment which still has yet to happen.

MS phone support supervisor who seemed pretty cool and also seemed to know what he was talking about just told me that if they get the shipment in by 7pm ET then they will ship out tonight whatever they have but again, they did not order enough to account for all of the pre orders so there is another shipment coming on Monday. If they do not receive the shipment by 7pm today then none of them are shipping today and they will all ship out on Monday.

So there is a chance some of us might get shipped today for Monday but it sounds like most of us aren't getting until Tuesday.

Just wish MS would communicate this to us

Kevin

Uncled1023

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Not only the Microsoft store gave me the promo.. they gave me a $50 gift card that I they allowed me to apply to the phone... and then they have me a coupon for $10 worth of microsoft app store....... Glad I went to the MS store.. I cancelled this order when I was waiting in line..

Awesome. I'm heading down there during lunch.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Not only the Microsoft store gave me the promo.. they gave me a $50 gift card that I they allowed me to apply to the phone... and then they have me a coupon for $10 worth of microsoft app store....... Glad I went to the MS store.. I cancelled this order when I was waiting in line..

lol how did you get them to do the promo and gift card? complain? I would so totally do this if they did this for me.

Stanford Moore

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I called and see if I could do it... they said yes if I preordered.. I printed my receipt.. When I got there, Houston (guys name) was setting it up. and he said since I was buying it today they were giving out a $50 gift card that I could apply to this purchase... So I did.. then he gave me another card with this long a$$ key to get $10 off of apps from the appstore....

I also had a $300 gift card from buying a canon printer a few weeks ago... so this phone was free for me :)

kumarrangarajan

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
They dint say whether i would have to cancel the order but said if i can bring in the receipt can go ahead and get it.. i will update when i go and get one in the next 2 hrs may be..

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Just called the San Antonio MS Store...uggh. The rep said that surprisingly the 1020's are selling like hotcakes?!? and they are running out of stock quick with only having a few black and white left in stock. Not only that, they stated they sold out of the camera grips already. WTF?!?! Yea, guess I am SOL with that. I'll just wait for the shipment. I don't feel like driving 1.5 hours to the Austin MS Store.

Damn you Simplexsh1ty

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I called and see if I could do it... they said yes if I preordered.. I printed my receipt.. When I got there, Houston (guys name) was setting it up. and he said since I was buying it today they were giving out a $50 gift card that I could apply to this purchase... So I did.. then he gave me another card with this long a$$ key to get $10 off of apps from the appstore....

I also had a $300 gift card from buying a canon printer a few weeks ago... so this phone was free for me :)

LOL NICE! I think you might be the luckiest dude on this thread. But thanks for the info!

Stanford Moore

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
lol... love the houston store.. they gave me water..... handed me a demo model to play with when I was waiting, when I got to the front.. houston gave me white glove service... made sure I was set up.. took his time and explained everything... it was fast and painless...

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
lol... love the houston store.. they gave me water..... handed me a demo model to play with when I was waiting, when I got to the front.. houston gave me white glove service... made sure I was set up.. took his time and explained everything... it was fast and painless...

hahaha that sounds awesome. I haven't even been in the San Antonio store yet as it is all the way across town for me... I figure one of these days I'll make a trip. I heard that they built the MS Store right in front of the Apple store here. ---Maybe they'll have the white glove service too. xD

Last edited:

sawisttgis

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
FYI for anyone in the area just checked with the Scottsdale store and they were very unhelpful. Said they would not honor the free camera case unless the phone was preordered from the store.

Billy Sisco

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Form Chat:
Bhupender: My system is showing that the Nokia Lumia 1020 White you ordered is currently "out-of-stock". Unfortunately, I don’t have a firm date on when we will be receiving that phone in our Distribution Center. Do you want to stay with that phone model, or would you like to consider a different phone model?
William Sisco: I preordered this phone for a reason. It was advertised that the phone would ship today. In fact, you are still advertising that the phone will ship today. I need you to call your supplier and see when you will get stock in.
Bhupender: I can understand that.
Bhupender: We have a tentative information that the phone will be available by 07/27/2013.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Great googaly moogaly, at MS Store @ FL Mall right now trying to cancel preorder to get one from in-stock...

Update: order successfully cancelled...now for the fun part...

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Well looks like the goodwill doesn't apply to Michigan, called and was told they would not honor the free camera grip in the store. Guess I'm screwed as well. Serves me right. The only two times I have ever preordered something I ended up getting the product later than anyone who just walked in on launch day. What a joke.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Let me know how you do. I was planning on stopping there to complain when I get off work.

Actually, don't complain to them. Just be gracious and have the preorder cancelled ahead of time and you'll be good to go :) they're being very helpful and have no relation whatsoever to MS' online store or Simplexity. YMMV ;)

dogfacedsoldier

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just called MS Store in Danbury, CT to see if they have any 1020's in stock. They said they will honor the pre-order & grip, just need to cancel and bring in receipt. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to get there over the weekend, so I'll have to wait until Monday or just wait until "COMPLEXITY" ships my pre-order. Question is... what's the point of pre-ordering if you can just walk in on launch day and buy it??

elRamiro10

May 7, 2013
Visit site
At MS store, honoring online purchase w/ receipt, w/ camera grip, plus $50 Gift Card, plus $10app credit and they have the wireless charging plate instock!

OH, and they still have Day One XboxOne reserves, so placing my deposit w/ the $50 gift card! BOOM!!!

Westfield MS Store, Santa Monica, Ca.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb