MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
MS Store offers a great insurance option compared to ATT; ask about it if you're all thumbs or others (read: kids) use your phone. One time payment, instead of monthly and covers you for two years! Free replacement if mfr defect or $49 deductible if u cause the problem and u get a new phone, not returned!

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I find it fitting that the store in the state with the worst economic health is the one not going out of their way to accommodate customers. Way to go Michigan Microsoft store.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Just called MS Store in Danbury, CT to see if they have any 1020's in stock. They said they will honor the pre-order & grip, just need to cancel and bring in receipt. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to get there over the weekend, so I'll have to wait until Monday or just wait until "COMPLEXITY" ships my pre-order. Question is... what's the point of pre-ordering if you can just walk in on launch day and buy it??

Any business who doesn't know the ideology behind a preorder shouldn't be a business.

sawisttgis

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Manoj : I see that the order is being processed; however, the requested phone model Nokia Lumia 1020 Black is a pre-order which will be launched on 07/26/2013.
Manoj : Once the phone will be launched, we will process the order.
Christopher: isn't today the 26th?
Manoj : Yes, it is; however, we are still waiting for the stock availability.
Christopher: do you have any status of that availability
Manoj : Unfortunately, we do not have any update on the stock availability yet.
Manoj : However, we are expecting the phone in our stock by end of the day.
Christopher: does that mean it should still ship today?
Manoj : Christopher, unfortunately, I can not assure you about it; however, you can check the order status by end of the day.

armodons

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Waiting for preorder to ship just like everyone........but just got an email from Microsoft Store promoting the Lumia 1020 with this section inside:

"Get the Nokia camera grip-free[SUP]1[/SUP]

Buy the Nokia Lumia 1020 today and get this ergonomic cover plus an extra rechargeable battery free. You'll only get this exclusive $74.99 offer in-store.

[SUP]1[/SUP]Valid July 26, 2013 until September 2, 2013, or while supplies last. Customers must purchase new Nokia Lumia 1020 to qualify for offer. Some exclusions may apply. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or gift cards, not combinable with other offers. Limit 1 camera grip per phone purchased. "

So shouldn't all stores give the camera grip free whether they "honor" the pre-order or not? It's part of their new promo!

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Manoj : I see that the order is being processed; however, the requested phone model Nokia Lumia 1020 Black is a pre-order which will be launched on 07/26/2013.
Manoj : Once the phone will be launched, we will process the order.
Christopher: isn't today the 26th?
Manoj : Yes, it is; however, we are still waiting for the stock availability.
Christopher: do you have any status of that availability
Manoj : Unfortunately, we do not have any update on the stock availability yet.
Manoj : However, we are expecting the phone in our stock by end of the day.
Christopher: does that mean it should still ship today?
Manoj : Christopher, unfortunately, I can not assure you about it; however, you can check the order status by end of the day.

WTF? Never in my life have I seen a company so disorganized and full of BS like Simplexsh1ty. Even the reps don't even know the current date. This is so sad....

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Leaving MS Store with the following: White 1020, black charging shell (cool contrast 😉 ), white camera shell, black charging stand, white charging stand.

Oh, and to put a cherry on top: I got the camera shell for free, they gave me a $50 store gift card and a $10 app store gift card.

Sing with me "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Adding insult to injury, here is a tweet from the @WindowsPhone twitter account:
"Buy the new Lumia 1020 at the @MicrosoftStore and get a free Camera Grip while supplies last. See details Nokia Lumia 1020 for AT&T - Microsoft Store #reinvented"

I guess that's confirmation that there are supplies!

Wished I'd known that as I would've just took the whole day off work to go to the MS Store in person. All 1020's and camera grips are now sold out at my MS Store atm. -The next closest store is about 1.5 hours away from me...I'm not that daring to take that kind of a drive.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Echoing techiedude, cancelled online and went to a store. Got the white phone, white shell free, used the $50 card for the charging (a little left over) and got the $10 app credit. And ask about the Appy promo, $122 in nook downloads for free. So yeah. WAY BETTER THAN PREORDER!!!

FWIW, Austin for 61 1020s and had been through 13 before noon. They were low on yellow if I eavesdropped correctly.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Not only the Microsoft store gave me the promo.. they gave me a $50 gift card that I they allowed me to apply to the phone... and then they have me a coupon for $10 worth of microsoft app store....... Glad I went to the MS store.. I cancelled this order when I was waiting in line..

Yep. Same here. Except I used the $50 to get the wireless charging case. It was simple, easy, and a great deal. Nowhere was this advertised.

I also cancelled my Simplexity order when I was ringing up with the MS associate. Haha. Pulled out my Surface Pro and did it right there while she was pulling up my account information.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Drive just beeped over my car speakers to alert me I was over the speed limit. I about bust a nut I laughed so hard hahaha (don't worry, I'm at a stop light :) )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99