MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

kumarrangarajan

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Like all those previous people who were in MS store said, cancelled my online order, went to the MS store got a black lumia 1020, camera grip 50$ gift + 10$ windows app store card . the small fees i paid 20$ in taxes. If any one lives in Dallas, check out the store in Frisco, TX located in stonebriar mall..

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick update
I went in to chat again and got the same answer "we will ship it when we receive it" blah blah blah

but then I started to ask why hasn't MS sent an email to pre orders lettings us know whats going on, that it might not ship today, why are they tweeting and sending emails saying "buy it today" when the pre order people still cant get a straight answer, I even asked the guy why, after all this runaround, should I ever purchase anything from MS store again or believe any of their promotions and he turned in to a robot "All I can tell you is we do not have it in inventory yet and as soon as we do we will ship you order"

I am letting it go now, I will check tomorrow or Monday or whenever and whenever I get it I get it, in the grand scheme of things its just a phone (don't hate me for that) but I am severely disappointed in MS support/customer service and I know for sure I will not be purchasing anything from the MS online store again no matter what the deal is because they clearly do not feel any need to either honor the promotion or at least explain why they are not honoring it (things happen, manufacturer didn't get it to us on time so we cant ship it, sorry, we will make it up to you etc...)

The tweet ad email is just a kick in the arse at this point and makes it totally clear where we stand with MS

I wish I had saved that last chat, it got kind of funny there because he just turned in to a robot and was ignoring what I was typing and just repeating the "we will ship it when we get it" part of their script

Ah well, another illusion shattered (Im an idealist I guess)

Kevin

cubanaso

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Cancelled my order and picked up my 1020 plus free grip from MSFT store in Miami. Got a $50 gift card, which I used to purchase a wireless charging shell in black. They also threw in the $10 app coupon, and two 3gb SkyDrive coupons. Could only use one so here's the other. Enjoy!
JVQTN-2CR93-YTCFH-3H2DT-Y9632

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

dogfacedsoldier

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Cancelled my order and picked up my 1020 plus free grip from MSFT store in Miami. Got a $50 gift card, which I used to purchase a wireless charging shell in black. They also threw in the $10 app coupon, and two 3gb SkyDrive coupons. Could only use one so here's the other. Enjoy!
JVQTN-2CR93-YTCFH-3H2DT-Y9632

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the coupon code, got me another 3GB and its good thru 7/26/2014 :smile:

Uncled1023

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Woot! Just went to a MS Store and they were very helpful. They were advertising like crazy, had a booth out front showing off the phone, as well as inside the store. I did see the signs inside promoting a free camera grip with a purchase, so I don't even think you need a pre-order. Got myself a black 1020 with black camera grip, a $50 gift card, and $10 app card. If you can, I highly suggest going into the stores.

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Leaving MS Store with the following: White 1020, black charging shell (cool contrast  ), white camera shell, black charging stand, white charging stand.

Oh, and to put a cherry on top: I got the camera shell for free, they gave me a $50 store gift card and a $10 app store gift card.

Sing with me "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"

I can't tell you how much I don't feel like singing with you...but what the hay, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, Everywhere you gooooooo (except Michigan's ONE Microsoft stooooooore) I WILL never ever ever ever preorder anything ever ever agaiiiiiiiiin.

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Congrats to all of you with an MS store close enough to get to, those of us relying on the MS Online store are probably not quite as enthused.

dogfacedsoldier

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well another chat session and still no-one has any idea:

You have been connected to Sanjay B .
Sanjay B : Hi Me, I'd be happy to help you today. For security reasons, could you please provide the last 4 digits of your SSN?
Me: ####
Sanjay B : Thank you for the verification. It will just take a minute or two for me to review your order information.
Me: Can you tell me if my order has been shipped?
Sanjay B : Thank you for your patience.
Sanjay B : We are expecting the phones today, but as if now we have not received the phone yet.
Sanjay B : As soon as we will have the stock, we will ship the phone accordingly.
Me: Today is almost over here in the US, how much longer is there left for you to get the inventory in?
Me: Today was the official Launch Day and we still haven't received word if it is in yet?
Sanjay B : Unfortunately I do not have a solid time when we will be receiving the Nokia Lumia 1020 Yellow phones in our distribution center.
Me: The Microsoft Store site said they would be available today. Why the delay? Can you check with the distributor?
Sanjay B : I just checked the update from the distribution center that, we are expecting the ordered phones within next 24 hours in our distribution
center.
Me: So, it might be there tomorrow or it might be there next month. Have any Lumia ####'s been shipped out at all?
Sanjay B : I'm sorry, we have not received any Nokia Lumia 1020 from AT&T yet.
Me: Thanks for your help and the limited amount of information provided.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

So, according to them, AT&T maybe delaying the phones being delivered or they just have no clue.

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I emailed customer support inquiring if I could get the 50 bucks too but I highly doubt that will come to fruition. What I don't understand is how some MS stores are doing the promotion but some are not. Seems a bit stupid. I swear, say what you will about Apple, but when it comes to presentation and delivery they have their **** together. Microsoft on the other hand...wow. I love most of what they offer but this kind of thing happens constantly.

MoviesHateUToo

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been chatting with MS online trying to get them to offer me the in-store promotion and getting nowhere with them at an alarming rate. The initial question which isn't shown in the chat log was if Microsoft Online would honor the in-store promotion that the Microsoft Store is offering.

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you....
You have been connected to Martina Lawrence.
Martina Lawrence: Hi Nick, I'd be happy to help you today. For security reasons, could you please provide the last 4 digits of your SSN?
Nick Herum: moment...
Martina Lawrence: Sure, take your time.
Nick Herum: ####
Martina Lawrence: Thank you for the verification.
Martina Lawrence: Nick, phone is being launched with us today.
Martina Lawrence: As soon as we get the stock in our distribution center, we will process your order will be shipped within 24 hours.
Nick Herum: Yes but it hasn't shipped yet and it is now available in stores.
Martina Lawrence: Since, it is an online purchase it is different from a store purchase.
Nick Herum: I understand that. What reason is there to pre-order an item if it is going to arrive days after when it is available in stores?
Nick Herum: Especially when the in-store deal is better than what the online deal is through your online store?
Martina Lawrence: I agree however, we sell the phone at discounted price.
Nick Herum: It's the same price in your store as it is online... $###.00.
Martina Lawrence: That's good.
Martina Lawrence: Looking at the situation, please wait until 24 hours to get an update on the shipping of the phone.
Nick Herum: I'm not asking about the shipping of the phone. I would like to know if you will honor the same promotion your stores are offering which is a better promotion than the one offered to those that pre-ordered the phone from the online Microsoft Store.
Martina Lawrence: Unfortunately, we haven't received the phone at our distribution center yet which we are expecting today.
Martina Lawrence: I believe its delay from manufacturer's end.
Nick Herum: Again, that doesn't address the question I'm asking. Let's say for a moment that I'm not concerned about when it will ship. I would like to know if you will honor the promotion your retail stores are offering.
Martina Lawrence: I understand that.
Martina Lawrence: However, it is an online purchase it is different form the in store purchase.
Martina Lawrence: The promotion which we are offering is different for the retail store.
Nick Herum: So what is the benefit from pre-ordering online from Microsoft when I can go to a retail store instead?
Martina Lawrence: We cannot ship the phone until we do not get from the manufacturer's side.
Nick Herum: Again, I'm not concerned about when the order is shipped. I am asking you to honor the promotion that your retail stores are offering while I wait for more online order to ship.
Martina Lawrence: We are shipping the package by Next business Day which originally cost $19.99 but we are shipping it for free.
Nick Herum: And your stores are offering $50 Microsoft Store & $10 Windows App gift cards plus if I went to a store I could have it right now instead of waiting for it to ship sometime in the unknown future.
Martina Lawrence: That's okay.
Martina Lawrence: If you wish you purchase it from in store.
Martina Lawrence: You can**
Nick Herum: I'd rather not purchase it from a store, I'd like the Microsoft Online store to honor the promotion of the retail stores.
Martina Lawrence: Unfortunately , that cannot be done.
Nick Herum: Thank you for your time. I will not be ordering from Microsoft Store online again if this is the level of customer satisfaction your contact center is comfortable offering.
Martina Lawrence: I apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced.
Martina Lawrence: I would appreciate if you will wait until 24 hours to get an update on this.
Nick Herum: I've never once asked for an update on the shipping. You continuing to tell me that shows how little you are listening to my issue. Goodbye.
Martina Lawrence: I truly apologize.
Nick Herum: May I speak with a chat supervisor?
Martina Lawrence: I sincerely apologize as my supervisor is right now busy on another chat assisting a customer, I would appreciate, if you can provide me your callback number and I will surely arrange a callback in next 24 business hours.
Nick Herum: 24 business hours... as in next week?
Martina Lawrence: Yes, you are correct.
Nick Herum: That will be too late, your company has now lost my business. Have a wonderful evening, goodnight

I'm considering cancelling my pre-order and trying to pickup the phone tomorrow when I head out of state. This is some of the worst customer service I have ever received.

Sepo365

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
You have been connected to Patrick .
Patrick : Hi Sepo365, I'd be happy to help you today. For security reasons, could you please provide the last 4 digits of your SSN? .

Sepo365: ####
Patrick : Thank you for the verification.
Patrick : The phone launch date is today.
Patrick : Once we receive the phones in the inventory, we will immediately process your order and the package will be shipped to you in next 24 hours.

Sepo365: Yes, and I pre-ordered from Microsoft.
Patrick : You will be notified via e-mail with the shipper's tracking number, once the package leaves our distribution center.
Sepo365: So when will you receive "my" phone?
Patrick : We are expecting the phones in our inventory in 24 business hours.
Patrick : We are just waiting for the inventory in our stock. Once it becomes available in our stock, we will process the order further accordingly.

Sepo365: I could have went to the Microsoft store today, bought the phone, received the camera grip, and a 50$ gift card. What was the purpose of even offering the pre-order if they wouldn't deliver or ship on release date?
Patrick : We are unable to process the order without the phone.
Patrick : If you not prefer to wait, you can change the phone model on the order.

Sepo365: Thanks for the eye opener.

Why would they even think that choosing a different phone would even be an option?

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I cancelled my MS online pre-order and went to AT&T. They were great and gave me a $250 partial upgrade discount. They also had the camera case on hand. After that I stopped by the MS store, and they had the wireless charging case. Cancel and stop by your AT&T store... They may be able to help you out too.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell you how much I don't feel like singing with you...but what the hay, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, Everywhere you gooooooo (except Michigan's ONE Microsoft stooooooore) I WILL never ever ever ever preorder anything ever ever agaiiiiiiiiin.

Thnx for the LOL :) I was in the same predicament about four hours ago. Hope it gets resolved (shipped) soon for you.

All MS orderers (that haven't cancelled yet): let us know if there's an update tonight/this weekend. Hope to hear good news/read more stories soon :)

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Two observations...
Sanjay is working overtime apparently and maybe if you tried hard enough you could get something out of him. I just couldn't be bothered and I'm cancelling on principle. I called the MS store again and they finally told me that they indeed have the grip deal (I swear good help must be soooooo hard to find these days). So Im driving an hour tomorrow, seems reasonable compared to waiting indefinitely for my PREORDER and maybe she failed to mention the 50 bucks.... who knows, either way, I'll have the phone earlier. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Please wait while we find an agent to assist you....
You have been connected to Sanjay B .
Sanjay B : Hi Caleb, I'd be happy to help you today. For security reasons, could you please provide the last 4 digits of your SSN?
caleb cooley: ####
Sanjay B : Thank you for the verification.
Sanjay B : How may I help you?
caleb cooley: I would like to cancel my order # #####7002
Sanjay B : Sure, it will just take a minute or two for me to review your order information.
caleb cooley: Thank you
Sanjay B : You are welcome.
Sanjay B : I'm sorry to hear that you wish to cancel your order. May I ask the reason why you wish to cancel?
caleb cooley: Because I made it under the impression it would ship today and am now being told it will not.
Sanjay B : I'm sorry for that, but we are expecting the ordered phone within next 24 hours.
caleb cooley: no thanks
Sanjay B : Is there anything that I can do to change you mind so that you keep order?
caleb cooley: no sorry, I can drive an hour to a MS store and not only get the camera grip free but get a 50 gift card as well. Its worth the drive to have it tomorrow and 50 dollars to boot. I wouldn't have preordered if I knew I wouldn't be getting it until next week.
caleb cooley: Im not sure what Microsoft is advertising with the preorder online, what is the point of preordering if I can get better deals at the brick and mortar stores earlier...seems ridiculous.
Sanjay B : I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.
Sanjay B : I'd be glad to assist you in cancelling your order.
caleb cooley: I appreciate it Sanjay.
Sanjay B : I have cancelled your order per your request. Your order number is your confirmation number.
Sanjay B : You'll also receive confirmation e-mail for cancellation of order.
Sanjay B : We have not applied any charges to your credit card, we have only authorized the order amount. Most banks will release a credit authorization within 5-7 business days.
caleb cooley: Thanks again, have a great day!
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Caving in, I am cancelling my order and heading to MS store (didn't know there was one just an hour away from me) tomorrow, already confirmed store has plenty in stock and is honoring free camera grip etc..

Kevin

myokeeh

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Just called the Scottsdale, AZ store. The person I talked to said they won't honor the online pre-order deal with a free camera grip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)