MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

TerryBakerII

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok, 2 things:

1. Cancelled my preorder and went to AT&T and because of the Microsoft promo, they sold me the camera accessory with the phone, but credited my account for the full price of the accessory! Go AT&T!!!

2. May be a basic question, but how do i get all my app purchases to transfer over?

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I have a more interesting case. I walked into my local Microsoft Store and preordered there. I didn't give them any account information, just a name so we could pick it up. When I asked, they said they would honor the free camera grip deal. We would be picking it up in store, do you think they would also honor this supposed $50 gift card deal?

Shame to hear the online preordering went so horribly, from now on, all my interactions with Microsoft will be with my local store, they've done a great job of satisfying me thus far.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Not going to cancel mine until Monday. Reason is that I have a Microsoft store about an hour from me, but it'll cost me $10 in tolls plus the gas to go up there. If I go the AT&T store option, I lose the camera grip.

I'm just gonna be patient and wait. But I won't pre-order a phone online again. It's definitely Simplexity at fault here though. Never had issues with MSFT store online before. Had a great Surface Pro experience.

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got back from the Microsoft Store in Freehold, NJ, and picked up a yellow Lumia 1020 rather than let Simplexity get a dime from me. They're honoring the free camera grip if you had a preorder (though they only had black and white camera grips), plus you get the current Windows Phone 8 promotion of a $50 Microsoft Store gift card and a $10 credit towards App Store purchases, they also were offering $25 off a $100 2-year service/accidental damage plan, if you want. And I canceled the still-unshipped Simplexity/Microsoft Store online preorder just as I was typing this. They had only black and white charging covers or I;'d have bought one of those as well. I can wait for yellow on that one. My first high-res shot was of a guy who came up to the counter to buy a yellow Lumia 1020 himself just after I did. A stalker shot, I suppose. :)

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Well guys, I canceled mine and went to the MS Store...apparently, one of the store clerks misread the inventory sheet and told me they were out of phones. -______-

I called again asking if they had any in stock, they said yes and to come on by. 60 minutes later, I arrive at the MS Store here in San Antonio and they gave me a free camera grip + 50$ MS Store credit + 10$ app voucher + 25$ off due to the Bing Challenge -lol.

All in all...I am satisfied. Had to pay tax in the end, but the 25$ Bing credit made up for it. :)

The only thing was that they never received the yellow camera grips ... so I just went ahead and got the black one for my yellow phone. -Doesn't look too bad IMO.

Will I ever preorder from MS again? -no, probably not...I don't even care if Simplesh1ty is not associated with the order. This whole ordeal was stupid with entire last 4 days stressful on my tech oriented mind. I hope Simplesh1ty realizes that this is not how to do business with it's customers. Maybe they'll learn...maybe they won't. I just hope people don't lose too much sleep over this like I have these last few days.

Last edited:

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Ok, 2 things:

1. Cancelled my preorder and went to AT&T and because of the Microsoft promo, they sold me the camera accessory with the phone, but credited my account for the full price of the accessory! Go AT&T!!!

2. May be a basic question, but how do i get all my app purchases to transfer over?

...from WP8, it automatically does it for you when you go click "buy" from the store -like WP7. -I think...anybody wanna check up on this?

Last edited:

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Just called the Scottsdale, AZ store. The person I talked to said they won't honor the online pre-order deal with a free camera grip.

Call again...It took me a couple times. What finally worked was just asking if they had any promotions going for a 1020 purchase. It's almost as if the word "Online" triggers a programmed response to distance themselves from any online deal matching. When I just asked about any promotions for the 1020 they mentioned the camera grip. I swear it was the same person I talked to earlier who told me they wouldn't honor the free grip too.

My thoughts are they are trying not to cannibalize the online sales, the grip deal is going out to all the brick and mortar stores to try to boost lower than expected 1020 sales or just completely clueless staff. Any could be the case.

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Now I just have to convince my wife to take a road trip with my 3.5 year old and I tomorrow morning... Wish me luck! I have the slight advantage of it being my day to sleep in, if it was hers there would be no way I could pull it off.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Now I just have to convince my wife to take a road trip with my 3.5 year old and I tomorrow morning... Wish me luck! I have the slight advantage of it being my day to sleep in, if it was hers there would be no way I could pull it off.

good luck man! Im sure I could probably get my wife to take me tomorrow, but driving over an hour just seems annoying in weekend traffic lol

TerryBakerII

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
From Windows Phone 7 - it is not possible to get previous app purchases...from WP8, it automatically does it for you when you go click "buy" from the store -like WP7. -I think...anybody wanna check up on this?

Ok, so I went in and just selected buy in the app store to previous apps purchased, and it tells you then you own it. Thanks for the info! Pretty basic, don't know why i didn't try that. Just freaked when it synced everything but the apps!! :cool:

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Will I ever preorder from MS again? -no, probably not...I don't even care if Simplesh1ty is not associated with the order. This whole ordeal was stupid with entire last 4 days stressful on my tech oriented mind. I hope Simplesh1ty realizes that this is not how to do business with it's customers. Maybe they'll learn...maybe they won't. I just hope people don't lose too much sleep over this like I have these last few days.

I would totally pre-order from the Microsoft Store again. I've pre-ordered numerous stuff from their actual physical stores and its always been a fun, pleasant experience. Halo 4 had an awesome launch with tons of goodies, and now the Lumia 1020 with all the unexpected goodies.

I would never pre-order from Microsoft Store Online again though. That's a whole different story. I made sure to leave a terrible review when they asked for feedback as to why I cancelled my online order. Of course, this is all Simplexity's fault. If Microsoft took over, maybe they'd be a bit better. Regardless, my pre-order experience has always been awesome at the Microsoft Store. I can't blame the brick and mortar store for the terrible online experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss