MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
To those who were willing (or had) to wait for the MS Online preorders, congrats on the $150 store credit; that is seriously cool news! I like the suggestions regarding the Xbox One and Surface 2 LOL That would almost certainly make it worth the frustration - congrats again! Keep us posted on shipping notifications and how you plan to use your new Simplexity commission check lol

lantern20

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I received the email saying the phone will be shipping and I will get $150 from the store, but when I check the website, it still does not list any shipping info.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I received the email saying the phone will be shipping and I will get $150 from the store, but when I check the website, it still does not list any shipping info.

reread the email. You will have phone by August 1st. It didn't say your phone was shipping, but that they would send a email when it did.

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes!!!

I got the email too!

I have to say, the customer service over the phone has been horrendous but the $150 gift card takes a lot of the sting away. Does anyone know if the discount code they provided has an expiration date?

I can't really think of anything else I'd like to buy from the MS Store right now but I'll probably want one of those new Surface 2 tablets when they come out next year.

I got mine as well. It was in my spam. It is a crappy looking little email. It was right of google to put it in the spam folder because it looked like spam. So if you haven't seen your's, look in your spam folder. Gmail is definitely putting it in spam folder.

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I suppose the [promise of a] $150 gift card at least has allowed their online chat reps to avoid wasting their time with customers, since they're probably not being inundated with complaints about preorders not having shipped. Now the question is will they ever really ship anything, and when. :)

annchez

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Already got mine from AT&T off-contract but when I heard about the free camera grip from Microsoft Store is now for all orders and not just new contract only I called my local store in Salem, NH but they said the free camera grip is for pre-orders only so I just bought it online instead on Sunday. Got the same email yesterday also except that I'm only getting $50 instead of $150. Not bad though considering I didn't preorder and only have to wait a few days longer.

Alan Lai

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The question is, is this only a promo code usable on MIcrosoft Online store or actual microsoft stores as well lol. If anyone tries it at an instore location, please let me know.

Also I'll post if I notice my preorder actually shipped. I assume everyone else will do the same. Good luck :D.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I suppose the [promise of a] $150 gift card at least has allowed their online chat reps to avoid wasting their time with customers, since they're probably not being inundated with complaints about preorders not having shipped. Now the question is will they ever really ship anything, and when. :)
well the fact that they gave us a solid date, I'll expect shipments to go today or tomorrow. It is next business day shipping.

TemjinC

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The question is, is this only a promo code usable on MIcrosoft Online store or actual microsoft stores as well lol. If anyone tries it at an instore location, please let me know.

Also I'll post if I notice my preorder actually shipped. I assume everyone else will do the same. Good luck :D.

Because there was a delay in shipping your order, we’d like to make it up to you by giving you a $150 gift card, good for your next purchase of $150 or more at the Microsoft Store online

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

It's no promise. It is a reality. I got a code in that email and already used it. Has everyone gotten their email? I think they all went out yesterday. I just didn't see mine right away because of it going to spam box instead of inbox.

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's no promise. It is a reality. I got a code in that email and already used it. Has everyone gotten their email? I think they all went out yesterday. I just didn't see mine right away because of it going to spam box instead of inbox.

Oh, they already gave out the codes? I didn't realize that. Can you cancel your preorder (without penalty) after using the code? :)

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations to the $150 off winners! I would have to imagine it took quite a few complaints and cancelled preorders to cause the discount. Just means there is a ton of interest in the 1020.

Tateo

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
well, i ordered a surface pro w/ the $150 credit, however, no shipping confirmation for the surface pro, nor confirmation that i ordered... odd...

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Too bad you couldn't wait for Surface v2 :) increased battery life (50% more), additional storage (256GB), thinner/lighter and MS Office included (like RT). Of course you'd probably be waiting til Christmas but those are some nice improvements.

webdave

Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
I'm hoping they are so screwed up that they have no way of tracking it. They should never have sent out the codes until they shipped the phones.

Looks like they sent codes to anyone who pre-ordered. I cancelled my pre-order early Monday morning and got the email with code late Monday night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99