MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

tpperlman

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
All I did was raise a valid question because I rarely even use my debit card and the coincidence was interesting to say the least!

This just now came in too from Lifelock...

We have detected some of your personal information on black market websites. This could mean someone is trying to sell or buy elements of your identity.​

I know credit card numbers get stolen every day, but this is getting scary... Still want an answer as to who at simplexity is able to access credit card info.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

We have detected some of your personal information on black market websites. This could mean someone is trying to sell or buy elements of your identity.​

I know credit card numbers get stolen every day, but this is getting scary... Still want an answer as to who at simplexity is able to access credit card info.

Holy **** man...that totally blows. :unhappysweat:

TemjinC

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like your computer is compromised, I wouldn't use it again until it is reformatted.

webdave

Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
Sounds like your computer is compromised, I wouldn't use it again until it is reformatted.

Either that or your card may have been skimmed. Your information does not show up on "black market" sites overnight. It may have been compromised a week or months ago.

webdave

Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
PPS... who is Simplexity anyway? Do customer Service reps have access to credit card info? I trust Microsoft, but wish I had known earlier that it wasn't actually MS who did fulfillment on phone orders. Next time, local MS Store it is. I am sooo bummed! Luckily the mortgage isn't due tomorrow being the beginning of a new month!

This is printed at the very top of the checkout screen:

The Microsoft Store mobile phone site at http://phones.microsoftstore.com and its services are provided by Simplexity, LLC. Products on the site are offered for sale subject to Simplexity’s Terms of Purchase. Simplexity may share your information with Microsoft and your chosen carrier. Microsoft will use your information consistent with its Privacy Statement. Your carrier will use your information consistent with its privacy policy, which you can review by clicking on the Terms & Conditions link for your selected carrier at the bottom of this page

tpperlman

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the advice. I guess it was just coincidence after all since I have every precaution in place from firewalls to AV up the wazoo as an IT professional.

Signing off on this thread. Guess it was a successful launch after all... my most sincere apologies to anyone I may have upset.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

You really aren't going to get very useful answers here. You should probably call your bank, Microsoft Store, and Simplexity to see whats going on (if they have any involvement).

Simplexity | Wireless eCommerce Platforms | Loyalty Programs | MVNO

cliac

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
With this promo code and gift card got Surface and Lumia 1020 for $450. I have no more complaint about the delay..... I am happy that it got delayed. BTW, I purchased the phone from MS store on FRIDAY itself.
That is really a good deal. But I was told that the $50 gift card received from MS store when ordering the phone is for in store use only - cannot be used online. And the $150 credit should be for online only, right? How can you combine them?

I used my $50 for a 64GB micro SD card. Have not had idea what to buy with the $150 yet. I got my surface pro in April so I don't need another one. Probably I will wait a while and see if there is any nice case for 1020 becomes available.

giffis

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
That is really a good deal. But I was told that the $50 gift card received from MS store when ordering the phone is for in store use only - cannot be used online. And the $150 credit should be for online only, right? How can you combine them?

I used my $50 for a 64GB micro SD card. Have not had idea what to buy with the $150 yet. I got my surface pro in April so I don't need another one. Probably I will wait a while and see if there is any nice case for 1020 becomes available.

Sorry, I forgot to mention 10% discount for .edu mail id's. my friends kid got that for me.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why you would think there would be a headache from using the code. They sent you a code. You can use the code. There was ZERO terms and conditions around that code. I do a lot of work for an online company and we ALWAYS include terms and conditions if we send out a code like this for any reason. There can't be any strings attached to the code because there wasn't any in the email. Enjoy the code or give it to someone you know that isn't doing so well but still needs something from the microsoft store.
On the code I received there WERE conditions. Especially the one saying that it could not be used in their phone store.

Alan Lai

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I forgot to mention 10% discount for .edu mail id's. my friends kid got that for me.

Can we get 10% off with microsoft phone orders? I just spoke with a representative and they said only one promo code can be used per order.

Last edited:

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
On the code I received there WERE conditions. Especially the one saying that it could not be used in their phone store.

Really?

Here is my email. The only condition I see in there is that it doesn't work at any store other than the Microsoft Online store. Did you get a different email? Or did you get that condition when you went to use it? There is a difference. Because they are giving the codes out to those who they know cancelled, I assume this is just an I'm sorry coupon. It is for $150 off of a $150 purchase, so the odds are good that you will have to come out of pocket some amount.

"Because there was a delay in shipping your order, we?d like to make it up to you by giving you a $150 gift card, good for your next purchase of $150 or more at the Microsoft Store online. To use your gift card, just <a href=?Microsoft Store - Free shipping. Free returns. On everything, every day?>come back to the store</a>, put the items you want in your cart, and use this promo code when you?re checking out:"

AllanUSC

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Since I haven't seen a flood of posts here saying phones have shipped, I assume anyone still on here is in the same boat as me. I still have the dreaded ! in Shipped.

I called customer service earlier today and was told that IF the phones came in today, before FedEx's cut off time for next-day sipping, they would ship the phones today. Since I made that call about an hour before that cut off time I assumed orders wouldn't ship today. I guess MS has missed their own deadline. Has a single person received their pre-ordered phone?

I really hope that I get this phone by Friday!

My question now is, if everyone else selling this phone (Amazon, AT&T, eBay!) has it in stock, why can't Simplexity, supposedly one of the biggest phone retailers, get any in stock??

I can order the Lumia 1020 from Amazon right now for $270, on contract, and have it by Friday. With THIS pre-order, I really don't know when I'll get the phone.

All that being said, considering the free camera grip, the $150 credit and the fact that most of us are not being charged sales tax, the effective price of $149.99 for what would normally be $374 is still the best deal anywhere for the Lumia 1020.

I am still irritated that Simplexity won't suffer any consequences for this situation. As previously mentioned by others, the $150 credit cannot be used to buy phones on the MS Store website, which probably means Simplexity is not providing the credit.

TemjinC

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Since I haven't seen a flood of posts here saying phones have shipped, I assume anyone still on here is in the same boat as me. I still have the dreaded ! in Shipped.

I called customer service earlier today and was told that IF the phones came in today, before FedEx's cut off time for next-day sipping, they would ship the phones today. Since I made that call about an hour before that cut off time I assumed orders wouldn't ship today. I guess MS has missed their own deadline. Has a single person received their pre-ordered phone?

I really hope that I get this phone by Friday!

My question now is, if everyone else selling this phone (Amazon, AT&T, eBay!) has it in stock, why can't Simplexity, supposedly one of the biggest phone retailers, get any in stock??

I can order the Lumia 1020 from Amazon right now for $270, on contract, and have it by Friday. With THIS pre-order, I really don't know when I'll get the phone.

All that being said, considering the free camera grip, the $150 credit and the fact that most of us are not being charged sales tax, the effective price of $149.99 for what would normally be $374 is still the best deal anywhere for the Lumia 1020.

I am still irritated that Simplexity won't suffer any consequences for this situation. As previously mentioned by others, the $150 credit cannot be used to buy phones on the MS Store website, which probably means Simplexity is not providing the credit.

I don't think you can really blame it on Simplexity, the blame should be on Nokia who isn't delivering the product to Simplexity.

Can anyone do a chat to see if they got the shipment in? It's 5:30PM EST

Alan Lai

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The reason why I'm not canceling is because of tax. I can wait it out a few days for 80 dollars (ordered unlocked with the yearly protection plan).

phone order I am not sure... I applied education I'd code first then the 150 code... It took both...

If you can apply two promo codes...is there no reason why we couldnt stack promo codes we got from Microsoft? (i.e. if we recieved 2 $150 promo codes)?

If so, if anyone doesn't want a $150 promo code, message me it and I'll be extremely grateful :).

Last edited:

Trappiste

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you can really blame it on Simplexity, the blame should be on Nokia who isn't delivering the product to Simplexity.

Or then the fault lies at Simplexity, since everyone else has received stock. Supply chains do not comprise only sellers. They also include buyers. Sometimes the buyer screws up.

paoto

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up to others who might be in a similar situation: I found out today that the microsoft store will only ship the phone to your billing address. I am buying the phone off-contract and my order had an exclamation next the order validation for the past few weeks. However, under status it said "approved, awaiting inventory" so I figured I was ok. Just to be safe I contacted a chat representative this morning and was ensured everything was fine and they were only waiting for inventory. Then later in the day I was notified that there was a problem, that my shipping and billing address needed to match.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077