$200 925 or ms store error

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing that too, AND they don't list the right plans. (for example I don't see the 70 unlimited everything plan as an option). I assume since plans are wrong that price is wrong as well.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that's a mistake. I think it's for T-Mobile customers who are still on contract and not on Simple Choice no contract plans.

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I tried doing a pretend phone upgrade on my Classic plan (out of contract now) and it's very weird. It won't let me keep my existing plan and forces me to choose a new data plan. Anyone else see this?

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I tried doing a pretend phone upgrade on my Classic plan (out of contract now) and it's very weird. It won't let me keep my existing plan and forces me to choose a new data plan. Anyone else see this?

It's $200 with 24 months of $20 payments. They probably include that $20 in the per month phone. Remember, T-Mobile technically has no contracts anymore...

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
It's $200 with 24 months of $20 payments. They probably include that $20 in the per month phone. Remember, T-Mobile technically has no contracts anymore...
That makes no sense. That would mean paying $680 for the phone ($200 upfront, $480 over 24 months). You should still be able to extend old contracts through third-parties. I'm assuming the MS Store qualifies as a third party.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile doesn't offer any contracts to new customers but they still offer people contract renewals to those who do. Also you can get a TMO contract still through a third party like Costco, Amazon, etc.

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
That makes no sense. That would mean paying $680 for the phone ($200 upfront, $480 over 24 months). You should still be able to extend old contracts through third-parties. I'm assuming the MS Store qualifies as a third party.

It might be less, I'm not sure. I know T-Mobile is trying to do away with the whole subsidy thing and just reduce the price of contracts. I personally like it better that way. I would be VERY surprised if you could still sign a $50 unlimited everything contract and still get the phone by itself for $200. That's a freaking steal.

Normally it would be like 70 or 80. Most likely they charge you the $10-20 per mo. on the contract because it's baked in (as mentioned before). But yeah perhaps you're right, you should still be able to extend old contracts...although I'm not sure if they'll let you upgrade...kinda like Verizon. Verizon says you can keep old plans (including unlimited data) but you have to pay for the phone entirely upfront.

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
It might be less, I'm not sure. I know T-Mobile is trying to do away with the whole subsidy thing and just reduce the price of contracts. I personally like it better that way. I would be VERY surprised if you could still sign a $50 unlimited everything contract and still get the phone by itself for $200. That's a freaking steal.

Normally it would be like 70 or 80. Most likely they charge you the $10-20 per mo. on the contract because it's baked in (as mentioned before). But yeah perhaps you're right, you should still be able to extend old contracts...although I'm not sure if they'll let you upgrade...kinda like Verizon. Verizon says you can keep old plans (including unlimited data) but you have to pay for the phone entirely upfront.
I wish I could extend my current contract...500 mins/unlimited text/2GB data for $60/month. I don't mind paying a higher upfront cost for the phone itself....though $200 is a bit steep. The Galaxy S4 is $200 with a contract at Best Buy.

I doubt any third-party reseller is going to sell the Nokia 925 so I'm in a bit of a bind now.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You can still get contracts for T-Mobile at all 3rd party authorized retailers, which includes MS Store. That price @ $199 is accurate, and there are no additional monthly costs for the phone beyond that.

T-Mobile probably wanted to eliminate contracts from 3rd parties as well, but they cannot control the infrastructure - these businesses cannot support the monthly phone payment plans and such that T-Mobile has set up. There would not be any more 3rd party retailers if it was mandated they had to sell with monthly payments as an option.

As a result of this, 3rd party dealers can only sell classic plans.

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Now it's a matter of finding a third-party reseller with the Nokia 925. Must be few and far in between if the corporate stores are shoving them to the back of the store.

mogelijk

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
It's a "mistake". The price should be $49, the same price T-Mobile shows the down payment on the phone. You can also tell by the fact that they want $699 to buy the phone outright. Not sure why the MS store is trying to overcharge for the phone, though if you buy it there, make sure you get them to price match with the T-Mobile stores

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv