Can I swap the SIM Card from 920 to 1020

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
My wife is getting a new phone she likes my 920, I'm wondering if I get a new 1020 can I swap the SIM Cards and use the new 1020 and give her the older 920 with the new card from the 1020. Will it work, we both have AT&T but under separate accounts.

wpnokia920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It will work as long as both sim cards are active. But you will have to call at&t and tell them you need to update imei #s on each line.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Just stick it in whatever phone you feel like. That's the whole point of SIM cards. You can swap them whenever. You don't need to call anyone. Just make sure everything is synched to the cloud so that when you stick the new sim card in and sign in, the phone will have all the important stuff from your other phone.

Thanks, I've backed up my settings, pictures using the backup on the phone. I can see my pictures, contacts and documents on SkyDrive, but where is it backing up the rest of the settings?

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Just stick it in whatever phone you feel like. That's the whole point of SIM cards. You can swap them whenever. You don't need to call anyone. Just make sure everything is synched to the cloud so that when you stick the new sim card in and sign in, the phone will have all the important stuff from your other phone.
Thanks, I keep my settings and photos backed up with the back up app on phone, I can see my contacts, documents and pictures on SkyDrive. But where are the rest of my settings backed up too.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Most of the phone settings and other content is backed up to a secure Microsoft server, so when you log into your new phone, it grabs the information for you. Its not something you can see like your photos/music/etc.

wpnokia920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes your phone will work by just swapping out sim cards, but your changed imei does not always get updated automatically, that's why you have to update your imei by phone. Trust me I've swapped over 30 new phones in the last year. When I did a warranty replacement they said for the note 2 I was like umm no.

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
The insurance you pay for monthly from AT&T will not be affected and should cover the new phone but this would be another reason why you would want to contact AT&T to update your IMEI to show the right device on your account. You can actually, update your device from your account on the web also.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The insurance you pay for monthly from AT&T will not be affected and should cover the new phone but this would be another reason why you would want to contact AT&T to update your IMEI to show the right device on your account. You can actually, update your device from your account on the web also.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm really new to all these cell phone terms and even using a smart phone. What is the IMEI and I've only had this 920 for a few months on a 2 year Premier Plan, will that prevent me from swapping SIM cards. I really like the 920, really got it for the camera and to use it for a wireless hot spot for my laptops, just wish you could get the camera to focus sharper. that is why I want to get the 1020 is for the camera, hoping it will perform better.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm really new to all these cell phone terms and even using a smart phone. What is the IMEI and I've only had this 920 for a few months on a 2 year Premier Plan, will that prevent me from swapping SIM cards. I really like the 920, really got it for the camera and to use it for a wireless hot spot for my laptops, just wish you could get the camera to focus sharper. that is why I want to get the 1020 is for the camera, hoping it will perform better.

Your IMEI is unique to your device. To view it from the phone go to the dial pad and type *#06#. This code is required to unlock most phones as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb