incoming Skype calls on 920

darkdessert

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have trouble connecting to incoming Skype calls on 920? I have no trouble calling out but every single time I get an incoming call while I'm not on Skype (Skype still invoked by the system), when I click answer it just hangs trying to connect to the call.

Nick

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
My biggest concern with Skype is that I keep getting spam calls from maintenance telling me that that antivirus is out of date my computer is at risk and I need to call a 1-800 number to get work done I have looked up the email address which is also given and its problematic and I don't understand why I block it and report abuse and it still keeps coming they change the IP address and country but its the same company

darkdessert

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
wow i guess different departments at Microsoft really don't work together on the product side! only marketing i think. hopefully the Microsoft restructuring will help. I can't believe Skype works the worse on WP compared to iOS and Android!

Faragondk

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
It works fine on my Lumia 920, the only annoying part when I answer a skype Call is that I have to put the lockscreen pin in before I can talk to the person calling me.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I had a really funny event today - was called and answered on my PC. About 2 minutes (seriously), my 920 Phone and then Surface finally started ringing. Guess some messaging system had an outage, but was odd.

Really wish Skype would stop ringing other devices when answered on one.

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Yup same irritating problem from Skype.
I received a call last night from Skype. when I tried to answer the call, it kept displaying the connecting message.
I switched off my wifi after that. This morning when I connected to the wifi, I had the same problem. I had a Skype call from the same person.
I called back the person (normal phone call) and she said that she's not on Skype and never called me this morning.
Skype sucks!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the handoff between the VOIP api and the actual app is crap. this is where it glaringly shows not being natively built into the OS has its problems.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Now that the client doesnt crash on startup (was a problem early on), it has been working fine for me. My dad has the described issue, but that's on an Android phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05