Hi, i just bought nokia lumia 720. And i don't know how to charge it properly. When i charged it, it will on automatically by itself. is this normal? thanks!
    07-18-2013 07:59 PM
    Hi and welcome to WPCentral.

You're not doing anything wrong. All Windows Phone will automatically turn themselves on when they are connected to a charger, even if they were turned off prior to charging.
    07-18-2013 09:20 PM
    well, thanks! Uhm, i have another issue after i charged it. usually my lumia's battery will stand about 1 day 14 hours (100% charging), but, i got my IE stuck and i did soft reset, then my lumia show about just 22 hours after 100% charging. what's wrong with that? Help! i am panic now.
    07-18-2013 10:13 PM
    well, thanks! Uhm, i have another issue after i charged it. usually my lumia's battery will stand about 1 day 14 hours (100% charging), but, i got my IE stuck and i did soft reset, then my lumia show about just 22 hours after 100% charging. what's wrong with that? Help! i am panic now.
    There is nothing wrong. Don't panic! The estimated hours left is exactly that - ESTIMATED. The estimate is based on previous use. If you had a crash, erroneous data may be included in that estimate. Just use your phone as normal and things will eventually return to normal. You should NEVER take the estimated time left as anything more than a rough guide.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-19-2013 12:24 AM
    Oh, Thank God! I thought, there's something wrong with my lumia. I almost went to Nokia centre. thanks everybody!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-19-2013 01:49 AM
    Oh, Thank God! I thought, there's something wrong with my lumia. I almost went to Nokia centre. thanks everybody!
    You're welcome.
    07-19-2013 01:51 AM
    Hello ,

I'm facing a problem. My phone is not turning on and it is hardly one month old. Nothing happens when i connected with its charger also, but when i connect with other phone's charger and with pc , shows NOKIA and then a batter with a question mark on it. What should i do ? I have tried some other steps like pressing sound button and power. But nothing has happened so far and when i searched about this issue on internet a lot of people have faces this. Can anyone tell me what exactly i should do ?

Thanks in advance
    07-23-2013 06:41 AM
    I'm facing a problem. My phone is not turning on and it is hardly one month old. Nothing happens when i connected with its charger also, but when i connect with other phone's charger and with pc , shows NOKIA and then a batter with a question mark on it. What should i do ? I have tried some other steps like pressing sound button and power. But nothing has happened so far and when i searched about this issue on internet a lot of people have faces this. Can anyone tell me what exactly i should do ?
    Plug the phone into the charger that came with the phone and leave it for one hour to see if it turns on. Sometimes, if the battery has run quite low, it can take a while for there to be enough charge to allow the phone to fire up. If it doesn't turn on after one hour, unplug it and take it to a Nokia Care Center or equivalent and have it looked at.

One question. Before the phone failed to charge, did you run the battery down until the phone switched itself off? Or did the phone just 'hang' and fail to respond while you were using it?
    07-23-2013 08:52 PM
    I bought my Lumia 720 two days back. Yesterday night while I was checking out its low light camera shots the focus on half press just froze and the camera became unresponsive. The home button saved it for all other buttons failed. Curious on how such a new device would glitch I opened the camera again. The problem prevailed and I had to again use the home button. Immediately after which I locked my phone. This is when it froze. Figured out from the forums how to do a reset and it restarted fine with the exception of the wrong date and time. Since then I have been reading forums on wpcentral, nokia and microsoft. It's such a disappointment coming from Nokia. Also the fact that majority of its users are facing this issue is something Nokia should take into consideration and look into.
    On one of the forums I read someone post about how a poor Mini to Micro SIM conversion or how various apps could have caused it. But I dont believe it to be any true because I did'nt even have my SIM and Memory Card in the phone. As a matter of fact I didn't even install a single app (apart from the one's it came preinstalled with) as I havent yet accesed Internet through it. Can anyone please tell what this is all about?
    07-23-2013 11:44 PM
    I bought my Lumia 720 two days back. Yesterday night while I was checking out its low light camera shots the focus on half press just froze and the camera became unresponsive. The home button saved it for all other buttons failed. Curious on how such a new device would glitch I opened the camera again. The problem prevailed and I had to again use the home button. Immediately after which I locked my phone. This is when it froze. Figured out from the forums how to do a reset and it restarted fine with the exception of the wrong date and time. Since then I have been reading forums on wpcentral, nokia and microsoft. It's such a disappointment coming from Nokia. Also the fact that majority of its users are facing this issue is something Nokia should take into consideration and look into.
    On one of the forums I read someone post about how a poor Mini to Micro SIM conversion or how various apps could have caused it. But I dont believe it to be any true because I did'nt even have my SIM and Memory Card in the phone. As a matter of fact I didn't even install a single app (apart from the one's it came preinstalled with) as I havent yet accesed Internet through it. Can anyone please tell what this is all about?
    It's not really about anything. As with many complex devices, some people have had issues with Lumia 720 handsets. Some of these people have posted on various forums about these problems. Other Lumia 720 owners (and I'd suggest the vast majority of them) have had very few problems with their handsets. But you don't really hear about this because very few people want to go onto a forum and post, "I have no problem with my phone, thanks for listening".

In your case, you are having a problem with the camera crashing. It's possible that this is a software issue. I'd suggest you do a hard factory reset (even though it's a pain) to make sure something in the OS image hasn't been corrupted and is causing the problem. If your phone is still consistently crashing when you try to focus the camera, then it may well be a hardware issue, in which case you should take it to a Nokia Care Center or equivalent for replacement/servicing.

For the record, the camera on my Lumia 720 works perfectly, and indeed I'm one of the lucky majority who haven't had any real issues with the phone. In fact, putting aside the limitations of the WP8 OS itself, the Lumia 720 is a cracker of a phone for the price (which is quite low in Australia).
    07-24-2013 12:05 AM
    I completely get the fact about how the majority of the people having this phone would rather not post for their phone works fine. It's not that I bought it without an overview. I am a fan of the Windows Phone 8 simple yet beautiful interface. My decision to buy a Lumia 720 wasn't a hushed one. I had read about the issues through various people on the majority online retailers. But for me it was the 720 or nothing(obviously the 920 was out of reach :P). I simply love its build and the rest of the features just add. That's the reason I got it from an authorized Nokia Retailer. I certainly knew the risks. I just wish a company with reliabilty supremacy like Nokia would take it upon themselves to address this issue through their social network. Just their point of analysis on this problem(the freezing issue). Also after the Volume Down and Power button reset the camera seems to work perfectly fine.
    07-24-2013 12:47 AM