First WP Phone ever, The Lumia 920: Experience

Haseeb Rehman

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I just bought a new Windows Phone the lumia 920. I absolutely love the amazing screen quality. MIND BLOWING. My previous phone was iPhone 5. I noticed some better performances on the internet browser too.
The design? I like it. Yeah it'd quite great. Gets a little warm after some wifi usage from top right corner, though.
Battery life seems pretty wow-ish too. I'm loving the windows phone experience.
No lags or anything. Smooth as a charm. Better than any android phone out there (Except the HTC One, maybe).
Anyways I'm quite liking the new experience and hope that Nokia and windows won't disappoint me. :)

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The design? I like it. Yeah it'd quite great. Gets a little warm after some wifi usage from top right corner, though.

Just an FYI. That is the processor you feel up there (not the battery, that put my mind at ease a little, haha). Anytime you use something that is pretty computationally draining (some games, GPS... sustained browsing) you will feel that heat up there.

The top is to the left, that copper part is the heat sync.
920tda.jpg

biboyflip

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my L920 since Jan 2013 and I checked now the number of apps installed.

I just learned that I have more than 165 apps which includes a number Xbox titles & others games, Here suite, social & communication apps, readers, media content (NBA live, Netflix, Discovery..), Music streams etc. Still I never experienced any lags. The user experience is consistent even with hundred of apps.

I cant say the same for my Samsung Galaxy Note though.

Haseeb Rehman

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my L920 since Jan 2013 and I checked now the number of apps installed.

I just learned that I have more than 165 apps which includes a number Xbox titles & others games, Here suite, social & communication apps, readers, media content (NBA live, Netflix, Discovery..), Music streams etc. Still I never experienced any lags. The user experience is consistent even with hundred of apps.

I cant say the same for my Samsung Galaxy Note though.

Hey, I just noticed that whenever I charge my phone the charging signal keeps blinking. Is it normal or my charging USB cable is not well? Please reply. :D

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome aboard! I switched to WP with a new Lumia 920 around 3 weeks ago and love it so far. Only minor complaints would be a bad battery drain on two different occasions, which I think was related to an app. Not using that app for now to see if it happens again. Could be e-mail sync issues too. Other than that I love the phone and no regrets on the super deal I got to get it.

Good luck and enjoy!! :smile:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard! The platform sure isn't perfect (what is), but it keeps improving and it already is really amazing. Even with the shortcomings I couldn't realistically consider switching to an Android-phone or an iPhone anymore.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
glad you got on this boat as well.. I moved from blackberry and I couldn't be happier, the phone is fast, smooth and never lags.. and wp8 is a relative new OS, just imagine what will come (improvements and updates) from microsoft/nokia..

I had to choose a phone that would stay with me for years, I choose and and couldn't be happier, 920 =)

js8229

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
You can add me to the 920 club as of this week. Really like the phone design and Windows Phone 8 seems great so far. Really digging the UI experience. My camera isn't working consistently so I may need to exchange but I will get another 920.

sonic1519

May 7, 2013
Visit site
welcome. i came over from using an iphone5 no regrets. wp8 will only get better with updates.
so far only issue i'm having is getting the front camera to come on...

Haseeb Rehman

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all of you. You guys are really helpful and nice. Well, I have been having a problem finding a good ebook reader. I tried Freda and Coffee Reader but they won't open the ePub file of The lord of the rings (Complete set) of 6.8mb. Both of them get stuck on the loading sign and won't open the book. Any suggestions? I'm using Adobe reader to read the LOTR in Pdf format but it's really uncomfortable to read from there.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There are some beautiful apps out there Haseeb. You think your phone is nice now, wait until you get into "discovery" mode. You made a great choice.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
tumblr_mls1elfqZK1r3hxd0o1_400.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans