Unlock Suggestions for Rogers 920

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. Glad to say that I finally bought a black 920 and should have my hands on it by Thursday :) It's a used phone (hopefully in decent shape) and currently locked to Rogers while I am on Virgin Canada so I was hoping for some suggestions from fellow members on where (online only please) I can get it unlocked. I've already come across Cellunlocker.net and Classic Unlocking in some of the older threads... any other recommendations preferably based on personal experience?

By the way, if anyone is curious I paid $280 cash. No physical damage (or so I'm told) other than a small scratch on the screen. The phone itself is under warranty for another 4 months. The deal includes the receipt, box, charging cables, unused Nokia earphones, a Nokia wireless charger and a cyan snap-on cover (although I'm not sure if it's the one made by Nokia).

anyway, looking forward to hearing from you. thank you.

Last edited:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If possible ask the seller to call rogers and tell them that he's moving out for a bit and wants to enter another sim during that period, should privude the code easily.
Check for coupon codes for online unlockers.

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
If possible ask the seller to call rogers and tell them that he's moving out for a bit and wants to enter another sim during that period, should privude the code easily.
Check for coupon codes for online unlockers.

The seller doesn't want to to go through the process and hence sold it as a locked device. thanks though.

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Go to nokia care and get them to unlock the device.

ahh, if only it was as simple as that. No physical Nokia or Nokia Care stores here in Canada. Anyway, I bought the code from cellunlocker.net a short while back. Still haven't heard anything from them, but will let everyone how it works out.

thanks again.

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I use www.cellunlocker usually for all my phones in Canada, is very cheap usually and pretty quick service, I did use them to unlock my rogers 920.

thanks. I used cellunlocker.net as well and got the code emailed to me(took about 12 hours). I still haven't tried it though as the phone will be delivered to me on Wednesday. Will update this thread as soon as I find out.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
ahh, if only it was as simple as that. No physical Nokia or Nokia Care stores here in Canada. Anyway, I bought the code from cellunlocker.net a short while back. Still haven't heard anything from them, but will let everyone how it works out.

thanks again.

I've always read horror stories about owning a Nokia phone in CA, when it comes to warranty/service.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
^I'm really sorry I didn't intend to scare anyone, but the fact is that Nokia is not directly present in Canada.
You've to get your device serviced through its partners which can be sometimes nasty to deal with, I did read a thread on this forum about how a canadian user sent his 920 for repair for some fault and had to wait for weeks before it was repaired.

I'm really sorry if it scares you but thats the fact!
Only if Nokia was physically present in CA, things would have been buttery smooth.

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Got my phone today. It barely took a minute to unlock it. So far I'm not seeing LTE (with Virgin Canada) - only 4G. But honestly this is the last thing on my mind right now. I even *forgot* to eat and that's after working for 10 hours ... that's how mesmerising the 920 is :D

More later. Back to the topic, based on my experience would definitely recommend cellunlocker.net.

Josh Mackey

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've always read horror stories about owning a Nokia phone in CA, when it comes to warranty/service.

THIS!

All Nokia phone repairs are outsourced in Canada which already sucks. Also, I had to email the CEO in order for them to repair a Lumia 800 I received as a gift in a contest. They originally refused because it was "not purchased in Canada".

They're still humming and hawing about it (been almost 2 weeks)...

Josh Mackey

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
^I'm really sorry I didn't intend to scare anyone, but the fact is that Nokia is not directly present in Canada.
You've to get your device serviced through its partners which can be sometimes nasty to deal with, I did read a thread on this forum about how a canadian user sent his 920 for repair for some fault and had to wait for weeks before it was repaired.

I'm really sorry if it scares you but thats the fact!
Only if Nokia was physically present in CA, things would have been buttery smooth.

They have an office but as I said above, they outsource all repairs.

The repair turn around is actually surprisingly fast. Usually about a week (And I'm on the west coast, the repair center is in Ontario) but the "quality" of repair? Yeah.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa