Great deal on Nokia Lumia 928 on verizon

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got my son a great deal on the Nokia Lumia 928 on Verizon they wanted $99.99 + tax and they tax you on the full retail price of the phone, I ordered the phone from Amazon for $29.99 no tax at all what a deal. Did you get that same deal with yours?

cgallaer

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I got my L928 from Verizon's website for $49 on contract and I thought that was a good deal. Good job on picking one up for $29. It's a great phone, I'm sure you're going to be happy with your purchase.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I got mine a few weeks ago from amazon for 99 cents =) newegg just prior to that had it for free on contract but I missed that deal and went with amazon. i'm glad I went with Verizon bc I got 2 phones in a row with defective looking buttons and amazon's policy to get me a phone iw as happy with was awesome. next day'd a replacement (temp charged my card and then refunded it once they got my defective one back) two days in a row so I didn't really have to wait or have any down time without a phone.

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I got mine a few weeks ago from amazon for 99 cents =) newegg just prior to that had it for free on contract but I missed that deal and went with amazon. i'm glad I went with Verizon bc I got 2 phones in a row with defective looking buttons and amazon's policy to get me a phone iw as happy with was awesome. next day'd a replacement (temp charged my card and then refunded it once they got my defective one back) two days in a row so I didn't really have to wait or have any down time without a phone.
I love Amazon's return policy that is my most favorite store I order from there constantly you got a great deal 99 cents wow and no tax gotta love that.
My sons really excited to get it will be here Monday.
my wife wife and I have both have 920's on AT&T cant wait to get my 1020 for both of us.

blur510

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a nokia 822, and just became eligible for an upgrade, should I get the 928? or should I wait for 8.1 and maybe a 1080 quadcore version of lte 1020? I think i might be waiting awhile if I did.

seritonin

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Nice deal. I got mine a week ago for $49.99 @ Verizon. Loving this phone. I've had Apple, Android, WP8 is the best ui. The apps aren't as many as apple/android, but I find quality over quantity with apps on wp8. Being a verizon/nokia owner I also have been loving the new Halo game that was released. Can't say enough good thing about this phone.

Make sure you sign up for Pandora radio, WP8 users get a free subscription until 2014. Found that out this weekend.

seritonin

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a nokia 822, and just became eligible for an upgrade, should I get the 928? or should I wait for 8.1 and maybe a 1080 quadcore version of lte 1020? I think i might be waiting awhile if I did.

Last I read the Quad core based phones for windows won't be hitting stores until April 2014.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Nothing has been stated publicly about quad-core that I've heard, including from Paul Thurrott or Mary Jo Foley, so at this point only God and Steve Ballmer know when this will happen. As for the 1020 hitting Verizon, we don't know yet how long the ATT exclusivity is, or what the details are, so it could be tomorrow that a variant is released, or it could be three or six months from now (well, ok... From Friday).

roll-tide

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
First post here I think, but I just ordered one for my wife a little while ago...she's been wanting the 928 but we are not eligible for an upgrade. I called verizon and asked about doing the payment plan deal, and she told me about a promotion on my wife's line that would knock $400 off of full retail. Knowing that full retail is only $449, that intrigued me. She double checked and sure enough, I ordered one in black for my wife without an upgrade for $49 (possibly an early upgrade, but there was no mention of it and we're not even close to one coming up). After that order was placed, I got curious and asked if I could get one for myself with the same deal...she checked and said yes, so we are both getting new 928's for a total of $100. I have the Galaxy S4 now and like it, but I've wanted to try the 928 as well...this way, I can swap my sim back and forth and try both back to back.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
First post here I think, but I just ordered one for my wife a little while ago...she's been wanting the 928 but we are not eligible for an upgrade. I called verizon and asked about doing the payment plan deal, and she told me about a promotion on my wife's line that would knock $400 off of full retail. Knowing that full retail is only $449, that intrigued me. She double checked and sure enough, I ordered one in black for my wife without an upgrade for $49 (possibly an early upgrade, but there was no mention of it and we're not even close to one coming up). After that order was placed, I got curious and asked if I could get one for myself with the same deal...she checked and said yes, so we are both getting new 928's for a total of $100. I have the Galaxy S4 now and like it, but I've wanted to try the 928 as well...this way, I can swap my sim back and forth and try both back to back.

That's pretty cool! I need to call them and check my lines.

blur510

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

double check make sure they didn't sign you up for the new edge program

roll-tide

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
double check make sure they didn't sign you up for the new edge program

Don't see how it could be that... I paid for both phones already in full, the full retail price isn't being spread over 24months. Also, edge isn't available until august 25th.

On my order confirmation, it lists the price ($449) then under it says "discount - NOK928B $400"

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't see how it could be that... I paid for both phones already in full, the full retail price isn't being spread over 24months. Also, edge isn't available until august 25th.

On my order confirmation, it lists the price ($449) then under it says "discount - NOK928B $400"

You should try to figure out if they extended your contract or something. Because this sounds way too good to be true.

roll-tide

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean "they probably did." Were you not listening to them?

You could have just locked yourself into an additional two years on top of what you already have.

Okay, I called back to check and they did a contract renewal for 2 years... So basically my contract starts over from yesterday for 2 years... No big deal, like I said we were only a few months into the contract anyway so we basically just started over with two brand new phones

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I called back to check and they did a contract renewal for 2 years... So basically my contract starts over from yesterday for 2 years... No big deal, like I said we were only a few months into the contract anyway so we basically just started over with two brand new phones

I don't think contracts with VZW overlap like that... I'm pretty sure that if you want a subsidized upgrade it's an additional two years on top of what you already owe.

But, whatever...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss