GDR2 on Ativ S

neurozero

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
For me, GDR2 doesn't do much. According to Windows Phone 8 update history | Windows Phone How-to (United States) it is supposed to:
  • fix Google accounts (mine was already working)
  • improve Xbox Music (I don't use that)
  • unlock FM Radio (didn't work for me)
  • give Data Sense (didn't work for me)
  • improve VOIP (haven't been using it, but might, so this is good)
  • fix things in Internet Explorer (this is always good)
  • add default Lens saving (didn't work for me)
  • make other improvements (no idea what this did for me)

Your mileage may vary.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
For me, GDR2 doesn't do much. According to Windows Phone 8 update history | Windows Phone How-to (United States) it is supposed to:
  • fix Google accounts (mine was already working)
  • improve Xbox Music (I don't use that)
  • unlock FM Radio (didn't work for me)
  • give Data Sense (didn't work for me)
  • improve VOIP (haven't been using it, but might, so this is good)
  • fix things in Internet Explorer (this is always good)
  • add default Lens saving (didn't work for me)
  • make other improvements (no idea what this did for me)

Your mileage may vary.

Did you do a factory reset when GDR2 was installed as most of that stuff works after a factory reset?

neurozero

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a factory reset when GDR2 was installed as most of that stuff works after a factory reset?

Sigh... is that what people meant by "hard" reset in other forums? I thought they just meant taking out the battery.

I'll give a factory reset a go tonight... thanks for the tip!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Sigh... is that what people meant by "hard" reset in other forums? I thought they just meant taking out the battery.

Yeah, that's also known as a hard reset. Settings > about > reset your phone

aafa

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

ya, I was holding off on doing a factory reset because it was gonna be a huge hassle to get all back to 'normal'. after holding it off and have 6.5GB of 'Other' storage and kept on getting 'low space' pop-ups...they said 'Other' would shrink over time. 2 weeks have passed and no shrinkage! I said enough was enough!

backed up my stuff, had to manually sync google contacts before resetting. Data Sense has now appeared and after resetting for 2 weeks now, 'Other' storage has stabilized 2.2GB and below!

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
According to rumors, "later this year". Since it's already being tested, probably the rollout should begin around late octomber. The development is scheduled to be completed in mid-september.

azharisadig

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I got the update today here in Saudi Arabia :grin:(OS build 10327). Unlocked free of carrier branding.. Actually i bought my phone from USA via Amazon as it is not available in the middle east markets.. All other windows phones are available.

wp_ss_20130916_0001.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte