Couple of Bluetooth questions, I'm not sure if they are related but here goes:

1. Is it possible to give a paired device an alternate name/nickname? I have a Sony stereo in my car which when paired shows up on my 920 as "Sony Automotive".
    I'm thinking of buying a similar unit for my wife's car and am assuming it will show up on my 920 with the same ID.
    Can it be renamed on the 920, e.g. "My Sony", "Wifey's Sony" ??

2. While digging around for a possible solution I noticed that Accessories can be renamed via Settings > Accessories.
    I also noticed that there is an option to "add using Bluetooth".
    I put 2 + 2 together, but only made 3......
    I was hoping this would solve question 1 - but I can't figure out what this option does, besides pair with a bluetooth accessory, it doesn't seem to add to the Settings>Accessories list.
    07-21-2013 08:26 AM
    I believe (I could be wrong, but....) it is up to the car's Bluetooth to have a feature that will allow you to rename devices that have been paired. I had my car worked on at a dealer a while ago and they let me use an almost new Lexus RX. The Bluetooth in that car let me nickname my device by typing it in. In my Prius,, however, it is all done by voice (not very well, I might add).

I would really love more Bluetooth features on the phone itself. I want to be able to rename my BT music streaming devices. I also want to be able to turn off auto connect for specific paired devices. I hear BT 4.0 is coming with the Amber update for the 920, but I'm not holding my breath for the addition of my requested features.
    07-21-2013 01:47 PM
    Thanks for the reply

I had an old HTC handset (HD2) which paired with my Sony, and then had the option to give it a nickname.
    So I don't think it depends on the device.

I also hope we get more options with the 4.0 update :)
    07-26-2013 02:25 PM