Factory reset., Now that was fun.

techie1961

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was having some Bluetooth issues so i decided to do a factory reset on my 920. What a pain in the ***! Once it started to boot up, it went to the spinning gears and then my day disappeared. After searching for everything that I could find on the subject and trying it all, the only thing that saved the phone was to wait until it died, still had spinning gears, did volume up, volume down, power, and volume down. Finally it rebooted and started the setup.

For all that run into this issue, ignore the fix for a bricked 920 as Nokia has locked out access to their servers and Navifirm no longer works. It amazes me that this can happen so widespread in the first place and that Nokia has blocked access. When you are trying to take back market share, you shouldn't be pissing off the converted. Much more of this and I am heading back to Android. The reason I came to Windows Phone was due to Ice Cream Sandwich screwing up voice dialing over Bluetooth for about 8 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

muderko

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Factory reset., Now that was fun. F'ing Nokia

Well, this happens with most OSes. Playing with Roms, I myself permanently bricked my Galaxy Note forever!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

It amazed me that you are not aware that 920 service manual is available online and there is still a way to access Navifirm.

techie1961

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I searched for as long as I could spare the time to do so. I found some references to cached files from the server but gave up and let the battery die.

techie1961

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Well, this happens with most OSes. Playing with Roms, I myself permanently bricked my Galaxy Note forever!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have had my share of playing with ROMs as well but did not expect this with a simple factory reset. I have had every OS out there and many phones in each OS and never bricked a phone, even when I was playing with some ROMs (never tried the experimentals mind you).

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

So how do we access navifirm

Sent from my RM-893 Lumia 925

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

Google Nokia Care Suite, I found a forum with a walk through at www.gsmhosting.com, but don't have the link. You essentially need to download an early 2013 build on care suite and copy a custom connection file so that it will let you download roms

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

you can still flash your 920, not for navifirm anymore, just with nokia care suite, google it (or bing it, lol).. it's easy and fast, and while navifirm was active, many persons were having acess to firmwares not even released by nokia.. so, you can imagine how many troubles it caused

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes