Unlocked 925 on tmobile prepaid

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
My 925 is unlocked so I will see if I can borrow my friends AT&T microSIM from his phone to do a quick test. Don't worry I'll change the APN settings, etc to make sure the test is done properly.

An FYI on getting the phone unlocked. When I first contacted TMO that's when they told me that I've met all the requirements but one.. the phone has to be paid off.

I was a bit surprised but I paid it off, waited a day and over their customer chat I was able to get the unlock code within a few mins after making the request.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I am currently using the Lumia 810 on ATT and 3G works fine, you won't have any issues with the Lumia 925. However, I'm not sure about LTE.

Going back to unlocking the Lumia 925. I was going to buy one this week and unlock it for use on ATT but after reading this thread I think I'll pass if need to spend $50 in refills and wait 60 days. Is that a new policy because I had always understood that if you pay full retail for the phone that T-Mobile will unlock it regardless of whether or not you are a customer.
If you're not a current costumer then youll have to wait. If you are then you are ok.

If you do prepaid you'll have to have 2 months of service. On a postpaid account you'll need 40 days which is essentially 2 months of service before they will unlock it. Doesn't matter if you buy it outright you'll still need some sort of min service with them. On the flipside if you have fulfilled the allotted service time required then they will make you pay the device off before giving you the unlock code. My 925 is unlocked, at first they wouldn't give me the code until I paid the device off.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
An FYI, since i am long time voice only prepaid customer on t-mobile usa, i was OK in regard to the requirement of 50$; i have a way more than that; i have more than 7 days of usage with L925, but where i failed was the requirement of 60days since activation of the L925. I've tried to negotiate with them, but couldn't do it ... Anyway, i've decided to return the phone thinking that they will keep the 50$ restocking fee, but, to my surprise, they have returned the full amount i've paid. It is understandable, i guess, they are not phone retailers, they are service providers, I'm trying to do too much ...

agusnolie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
If you're not a current costumer then youll have to wait. If you are then you are ok.

If you do prepaid you'll have to have 2 months of service. On a postpaid account you'll need 40 days which is essentially 2 months of service before they will unlock it. Doesn't matter if you buy it outright you'll still need some sort of min service with them. On the flipside if you have fulfilled the allotted service time required then they will make you pay the device off before giving you the unlock code. My 925 is unlocked, at first they wouldn't give me the code until I paid the device off.

hi robert, so just to clarify, if you're already a postpaid T-Mobile customer with over 2 months (or 40 days) of active service in good standing, then you buy the device outright ($530 before tax), T-Mobile will provide the unlock code without any hassle? do I need to wait for a whole day before the T-Mobile support will unlock it?

many thanks for your information, I'm just very confused on the new T-Mobile unlock policy.

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My 925 is unlocked so I will see if I can borrow my friends AT&T microSIM from his phone to do a quick test. Don't worry I'll change the APN settings, etc to make sure the test is done properly.

An FYI on getting the phone unlocked. When I first contacted TMO that's when they told me that I've met all the requirements but one.. the phone has to be paid off.

I was a bit surprised but I paid it off, waited a day and over their customer chat I was able to get the unlock code within a few mins after making the request.

Oh yes! please let us know how that turns out, thanks!

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
hi robert, so just to clarify, if you're already a postpaid T-Mobile customer with over 2 months (or 40 days) of active service in good standing, then you buy the device outright ($530 before tax), T-Mobile will provide the unlock code without any hassle? do I need to wait for a whole day before the T-Mobile support will unlock it?

many thanks for your information, I'm just very confused on the new T-Mobile unlock policy.
That is my understanding... I only got my L925 9 days ago and have been on a post-paid account since mid-May. My phone has been unlocked since Weds.

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I had an international version and recently ordered and Tmolbile version for use with the Rogers network in Canada since my LTE was not working on my International Lumia and that was seriously bothering me. Once I get the phone I need to find a way to unlock it so I can finally get the full pleasure of using this device with LTE and better coverage then I have now. There are some unlockers out there but i will need to test and see if they will actually work......I am hoping for the best :) Otherwise I will keep calling and hassling T-mobile until they do it for me :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)