PUT/REMOVE SD Card without Powering off?

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, Can i put/remove sd card without powering off the device? Is it safe to do it?

Thanks in advance for those who will answer my question :) Newbie here.

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
According to this from Nokia the SD card should only be removed or inserted with the device off.

Nokia Lumia 620 User Guide - Insert a memory card - Nokia - Malaysia

thanks for that Link you gave me :) Big help for me :) Once again , thank you.

can i have an off topic question? :) This is regarding with the SD Card as well, I have a Class 4 ScanDisk SD Card, will it work with my phone? Because I have inserted it last night, but it results on a Nokia Logo Looping and won't even boot. What type of SD Card is useable for this device?

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Technically, you can do so.

Settings>Phone Storage>SD Card

And, yes, you don't need to remove the battery to remove the SD Card.
I've tried it before.

Ohh. But what about when putting an SD Card on the phone? Do you have to Power if off first?
And what SD Card is compatible with the phone? Because I have Class 4 SD Card SanDisk and it won't read and started a Loop problem during the start boot.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Ohh. But what about when putting an SD Card on the phone? Do you have to Power if off first?
And what SD Card is compatible with the phone? Because I have Class 4 SD Card SanDisk and it won't read and started a Loop problem during the start boot.

A Class 4 Sandisk micro SD card should work fine in your phone. If it's not then either your card is damaged or not seated correctly in the card holder, or your phone is faulty. If you have a PC with a card reader available, you could try inserting the card and reformatting it. If you can get hold of another card from somewhere, try that to see if it works. If it doesn't, then it's probably a phone fault.

While you can generally 'hot swap' an SD card, it is safer to switch the phone off before inserting or removing the card just to be sure you don't interrupt some 'write' action that has unforseen consequences.

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to all that answer's my question :)

I just seated the CARD Correctly, and now it's working fine. It didn't work at first, but then I tried to push it down a lil bit, and Woot :) Works like Charm. Thanks guys, and by the way, I have a Class 4 SDHC Card, and works great, but seems like a bit laggy when stored more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs