Tethering with the Lumia 928 on Verizon

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi, just got the shock of my life. Long time Verizon customer, multiple Smartphone owner over the years; new tablet owner and want to use the 928 for tethering.

I chatted online with a Verizon rep to ask what I needed above the standard $30 per month data plan to be able to Tether my 928 to my tablet. I was told another $30 per month. Are you kidding me? $60 per month for 4GB data and tethering.

Anyone here have similar wants and what you did to get tethering.

Thanks.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
One thing. Really the only thing I miss from my note 2. I had tether for free. I ponied up the extra 30$ a month for tether with my Lumia. I have unlimited data so the extra cash doesn't sting as much as those with ridiculous low data buckets. Tbh my unlimited plan is the only thing keeping me with Verizon. I would have a 1020 next week if I were limited. Att and Verizon have great coverage 99.9 percent of my daily existence

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The $30 tethering with an unlimited plan should be unlimited also, there is a $20 tethering plan that gives 2GB/mo.

it is unlimited. I miss free tethering with android but I'm loving WP other than the whole instagram issue today. I'm getting tired of upping my photos to cloud them posting with my nexus 7. Seems the whole world wants WP to fail. Hard.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Tethering works. I pay 30$ EXTRA dollars a month on top of my grandfathered $30unlimited data plan. I tether my nexus 7 ,laptop all the time. My ps3 will NOT connect and I have to run it through a Ethernet cable from my laptop. I use connectify for that because I know nothing of networking. My ps3 is the only thing I have ran into trouble with. I use over 35 gigs a month on my unlimited plan. With paid tether I don't have to hack or rom things. (android). It just works. Although my ps3 would connect to my note 2.
current phone is 928 on verizon

Dawn Banks

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I just go the other way. If you get a hotspot or tablet plan, tethering doesn't cost any extra from the tablet. Ns, I'm paying a straight $50/month for 5GB, and use my ipad as a hotspot. Better battery life than the mifi I used to use.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That's not what I am asking. Asking if the tether x app works without paying the extra 30 a month charge. Thx

Yes it works but is VERY limited. You only have access to browser. You cant run any apps or anything else. I use my old mifi as hotspot instead of fooling with virtual router. Connect set up proxie and surf. Its dial up slow though and pauses very often. Other people have had success on other phones biut on my 928 it wasn't worth the hastle.

And yes i used it before I added tethering. And yes it can't be detected .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes it works but is VERY limited. You only have access to browser. You cant run any apps or anything else. I use my old mifi as hotspot instead of fooling with virtual router. Connect set up proxie and surf. Its dial up slow though and pauses very often. Other people have had success on other phones biut on my 928 it wasn't worth the hastle.

And yes i used it before I added tethering. And yes it can't be detected .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Oh, that is worthless for me (I was thinking about testing it for a while). Yea, I do some browsing on my tablet but, I use Outlook and other apps that would need internet access.... Oh, well...

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
my line is on a corporate account and VP approval is not happening to add tethering....bunch of penny pinching a$$holes so when they ask why I can't do stuff while sitting at airport waiting for plane, will refer back to there denial of the tethering option.
thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss