Use the camera grip as basis for a car dock?

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Since the camera grip has the standard tripod mount, seems like we could easily mount it to a tripod based mount for a car like this one at Sears:

CE Compass Car Windshield Suction Cup Mount Bracket Flexible Tripod Holder for Camera DV GPS Webcam - TVs & Electronics - Car Electronics - Car GPS Accessories

I thought I might have to make something, but it looks like this has already been done for us. I will get the free camera shell, but I sure won't be using it that much. This could put it to good use for times when I'm travelling more than an hour or so with the phone.

What do you think? Maybe someone else has already thought of this and I just missed it.

Bryan

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
With a lighter based charging cable, you could even have it permanently plugged into the camera grip to keep it charged and the phone charged at the same time.

I don't need mine to mount to the dash. I really want to put it a big square area in the middle of my car's console. A gorilla pod may actually do the trick for me and then I would finally have a good little tripod for my phone to take to events to record my kids with. This may just work! The flexible legs would allow me to wedge it in there the way I need to so it won't tip over while I drive.

Amazon.com: Joby JB01235-CAM GorillaPod Original Tripod (Black/Charcoal): Electronics

rokitrod

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I just expanded my proclip mount and drilled a hole in the side, also note added bonus My head set fits in there nicely for charging while phone isn't docked

WP_20130815_19_48_22_Pro.jpg

poolprousa

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Since the camera grip has the standard tripod mount, seems like we could easily mount it to a tripod based mount for a car like this one at Sears:

CE Compass Car Windshield Suction Cup Mount Bracket Flexible Tripod Holder for Camera DV GPS Webcam - TVs & Electronics - Car Electronics - Car GPS Accessories

I thought I might have to make something, but it looks like this has already been done for us. I will get the free camera shell, but I sure won't be using it that much. This could put it to good use for times when I'm travelling more than an hour or so with the phone.

What do you think? Maybe someone else has already thought of this and I just missed it.

Bryan
You can get this on eBay for 3 or 4 bucks with free shipping, just search "CE Compass Car Windshield Suction Cup Mount Bracket Flexible Tripod Holder for Camera DV GPS Webcam". I just ordered one for my camera grip; if it doesn't work, haven't lost much, but I think it's a GREAT idea!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss