Hi All,

My mom bought a Lumia 620 for herself after I suggested it to her and It just arrived. After I set the phone up, I found that on the lockscreen, the day and date showed up sideways on the top right. I assume this is happening because we bought it from a company that imported the phone and it was probably imported from china (I say probably because when i first booted it up, it was in Chinese and it came with a few Chinese apps preinstalled.

Seeking to fix this issue, I tried a hard reset (the only other occurrence of this I could find online was on these forums, and the user said doing a hard reset fixed it for him), but the day and date were still in the same orientation. Is there any fix for this? Should I just keep hard resetting it until it changes (I really don't want to do that, thinking about the hard reset process with my 920 gives me nightmares), or will my mom just have to deal with sideways text on the lockscreen?

Sorry if this has been posted before, I would truly appreciates some insight/assistance about this.

I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like.

Thanks guys!

wp_ss_20130723_0001.jpg
    07-23-2013 07:28 PM
    You may have to load up a us rom

China has specific models
    07-23-2013 07:43 PM
    Make sure your region is the USA
    07-23-2013 07:45 PM
    Op please let us know
    07-24-2013 06:59 PM
    Okay so it sorted itself out. I'm not exactly sure why it did what it did, but there are several different things that I coincidentally was doing that seem like contributing factors.

1. Deleting all Chinese Keyboards. My mom was complaining that as she was typing, she would hit the little button that cycles through the different installed keyboard languages and would be unable to find her way back to English from the 3 Chinese keyboards. To fix that, I simply got removed those keyboard options.

The next two possible reasons for the issue fixing itself happened more or less successively, the next day. I'm including them because I don't know if the orientation changed after deleting the keyboards because I wasn't really paying attention. I doubt deleting the keyboards was the real reason, though.

2. Connecting to wifi for the first time. Due to some problems with my parent's home wifi, I was unable to connect her phone to the wifi when she first got it. However, we were in a public area that offered free wifi so I decided to connect it and show her some basic functions. This wifi connection could have triggered a region switch to the USA.

3. While I was connected to the wifi, I didn't have enough time to set up the accounts, but I was able to delete the Chinese voice recognition package that was preinstalled and install the United States English Speech Recognition. It seemed to trigger a phone update of sorts, and sometime after, I noticed the that day and day were in the proper spot for the United States. I think the phone updating the speech recognition is what did it.
    07-25-2013 09:15 PM