Poor quality when uploading video

Turtle 1972

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a roughly 5 minutes video that I shot in HD using my Lumia 920. I have tried three times tonight to upload it to SkyDrive, and each time it compresses the quality to the point that it's practically worthless. I've tried both saving it to SkyDrive (using the "Best" settings -- yes, I'm on a WiFi connection) or emailing it to myself, but in either case, I end up with an overly compressed file. (It's going from roughly 498 MB to 6 MB if that gives you an idea).

I know I could copy the file to my PC via USB and then manually convert it with some other program, but that seems like a real hassle each time I want to share a video (i.e. to Facebook). Any ideas? Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought there was a way to get SkyDrive to upload content uncompressed in the settings? Maybe it doesn't apply to video's or something. The most reliable (not quickest) way to get true quality videos online I've found was through USB transfer.

nbktonic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yep I believe the only way to get the best quality if via a USB cable. I have settings set to upload with best quality on WIFI, but it doesnt upload the best clearly. Been like that from Day 1!

I have a roughly 5 minutes video that I shot in HD using my Lumia 920. I have tried three times tonight to upload it to SkyDrive, and each time it compresses the quality to the point that it's practically worthless. I've tried both saving it to SkyDrive (using the "Best" settings -- yes, I'm on a WiFi connection) or emailing it to myself, but in either case, I end up with an overly compressed file. (It's going from roughly 498 MB to 6 MB if that gives you an idea).

I know I could copy the file to my PC via USB and then manually convert it with some other program, but that seems like a real hassle each time I want to share a video (i.e. to Facebook). Any ideas? Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99