Phone Stuck on exclamation mark

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Good Morning All

I Hope you can help Me,

My Sister Called me last night, Her Phone is stuck on the Exclamation mark screen, Which is just after the Nokia Logo Screen

So i followed the Basics
* Volume Down + Power Button to Reset (Ended at the same point)
* Battery Pull (Ended at the same point)

The Battery finally died a few moments ago, so i thought I'd ask her to do this:

"Step 1
Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.

(To cancel OS reset and exit to the normal mode, press the Volume Down + Power Key and hold them for 15 seconds).

Step 2
Then input Keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down"

According to her it ended at the exclamation Mark again,

Anything Else i can tell her to try?

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
so i did a hard reset

volume, power button and camera button

restarts

released power button,

hooray it starts

booooooooo the volume starts on zero (like the button is stuck),

unknownguns

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Never really come across it staying on the screen for too long, usually I've just waited it out and it gone back to normal again. Remember that even though it is only showing an explanation mark, it may be doing something in the background. Usually i just wait it out for 5 mins and it starts to do the normal start ip after that. Longest I've waited is 15 mins. But may wanna get it checked out if it doesn't work at all.

Senordingdong2K

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Just encountered this problem myself twice in the past weekend.

In both instances I just waited it out and it went back to normal.

But I'm afraid there's something wrong behind the scenes so would really like to know what causes it.

Senordingdong2K

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Also to note, now, hours after getting the phone operational, the volume appears to be stuck on zero.
I can increase it manually but it automatically drops back to zero as though something is sticking underneath the volume down button.
Furthermore, the drop down volume menu is permanently on the screen, stopping me from using the back button also.

Would greatly appreciate a fix if anyone has one

Roxana Barsan

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I had my HTC8x stuck on exclamation mark for a few good minuts. I did the reset eith Power Button + Volume. Still on !
I did the Power + Volume DOWN... i guess this took me to a creen with IMEI code and Serial no, and other chinees stuff i didn't know about.

Then I read the super combo stuff :))
This from another user:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down"

Well...i didn't know when i supposed to press it exacltly and so I did sing to all the buttons like to a piano, more on teh volume UP key...AND IT DID START NORMAL, and no Volume Button is stuck anymore.

I don't know what happed to be exact, but i guess the ocmbo must hae worked. And when i saw the HTC screen staign for longer than before, i did press multple times on VOlumeUP (since i read the Volume Down might be stuck).

Hope this helps... :)

ebarrett

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I tried all the things on this thread and nothing worked.
THEN
I held the volume up button for 15 sections. released it ...and boom everything was as before :):grin:

ERIC H3

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
So i have a Nokia 1020 (and a 640xl but i love the 1020 too much to let it go). I had this issue this morning. Volume would just keep going to zero so here's what i did.

1) Volume UP + Power = Just reset the phone and had the same issue
2) let the phone 100% die and turn off.
3) Held Volume DOWN + power The phone came up with a Lightning bolt and gear.
3) Held down all four buttons at the same time Volume UP + Volume Down + Power + Camera.
4) the phone started to just cycle restarting.
5) I let go of the Volume UP = continued to cycle
6) I let go of the Camera = continued to cycle
7) Let go of the power = she came back to life. Volume worked fine.

HTH

Fredstar

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I think your right... I Dropped mine in the sink for like 4 seconds... and this is whats happening to me.. Did you ever find a fix? The hold the up volume for 15 worked until i hit the off button and turned it back on.. it started again.. :eck:

Fredstar

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I think your right... I Dropped mine in the sink for like 4 seconds... and this is whats happening to me.. Did you ever find a fix? The hold the up volume for 15 worked until i hit the off button and turned it back on.. it started again..

Lucy Ansah

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Ive been quite careless with the way i handle my phone. i keep dropping it on hard surfaces and eventually had the" Phone stuck on exclamation mark " problem too. i tried some of the suggestions on this thread; volume up, volume down, power and then volume down and it restarted the phone. it worked for my Microsoft Lumia 535.

ASHISHAN TOPNO

May 12, 2016
Visit site
:unhappysweat: same problem with me.. i thought i was the only one who is facing this.. volume of my phone suddenly drops to zero whenever it wants mostly while charging it.. :unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel