Some 1020 vs 808 comparisons i found in the web today

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The pics are from here

Nokia Lumia 1020 comparison - a set on Flickr

Just one thing to note, which everyone misses because its not obvious, is the fact that the 808 shoots at 85% jpeg processing on auto.. the 1020 shoots at 95%

That is why there is a difference in file sizes, 808's are around 1mb and the 1020s are over 2mb.

If you want to get max IQ from the 808 you need to go into manual mode and set the jpeg to superfine, which is 95% ..

SuperMAG

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
same quality, different style, color and sharpness is the difference.

I strong think they should add these two options as sliders in the pro cam. adding natural and punchy and sharpness or less noise will make a great package and will definitely overpass 808.

some one need to tweet the developers.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You mean two modes .. that might be an interesting option :)

The could also just add the saturation/sharpness/contrast scales from the 808 to the 1020... they are -5 to +5 and very useful overall..

Anyway, the difference in auto modes is very tiny.. both phones produce far better IQ than anything else on the market :)

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The reviews I read on engadget and Verge today both said they found the quality of the photos on the 1020 to be noticeably better than the 808./

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The reviews I read on engadget and Verge today both said they found the quality of the photos on the 1020 to be noticeably better than the 808./

I don't want to sound harsh, but they don't know what they are talking about...

Wait for GSMarena and DPreview if you want real comps

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
On that Flickr site, how can you tell which camera took which picture?

You could click view exif or just click view all sizes, then click the highest res, and then save to your pc

I just go by name..the 808 photos are numbers only, and the 1020 are numbers with _smart at the end

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
You could click view exif or just click view all sizes, then click the highest res, and then save to your pc

I just go by name..the 808 photos are numbers only, and the 1020 are numbers with _smart at the end

Thanks. I just noticed that below the pictures there is some additonal info, including camera info. I'm obviously not Flickr savvy.

Stil_1

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
She also is a professional photographer and works as the mobile imaging editor for DPreview, so wouldn't say she knows nothing about photography :)
http://erinlodiphotography.com/

If you do a search on her name, there's a lot more stuff about who she is.

Sorry been a lurker for the past few days, so first post here. Been interested in the 1020 so reading everything about it and looked for some forums and found this one. Interesting discussions going on. I currently own a Galaxy S4 and am possibly changing up. I had an HTC One prior to that, which fell into the ocean on vacation. Mobile insurance replaced it with a GS4 due to the One being back ordered.

I frequent DPreview often since I like their detail in their gear reviews (read the same thing at DPreview, which does rank the S4 as #2 to the 808) and think they do know their tech and have a decent methodology for testing. The Preview that was posted seems to only be a small part of their full review and that should be much much more detailed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion